News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What Do Women Want?

Started by jimmy olsen, August 10, 2009, 01:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Berkut on August 10, 2009, 02:29:48 PM
I don't think the study "proves" anything - and the article makes it rather clear that the recent investigation into the issue has raised a lot more questions than it has answered. The article itself was very informative, IMO.
Thanks, when I saw it I thought some people here would appreciate it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

merithyn

Quote from: Berkut on August 10, 2009, 02:29:48 PM
I don't think the study "proves" anything - and the article makes it rather clear that the recent investigation into the issue has raised a lot more questions than it has answered. The article itself was very informative, IMO.

It certainly has for me.  :huh:

Very interesting article, Timmy. Thank you. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Palisadoes

Yeah, nice article!

I've heard of experiments like this before, and they've even been done/mentioned on TV here. It appears that women are less "connected" to their genitals, i.e. they can be turned on without realising it. Moreover, female sexuality is much more "fluid" than male sexuality.

sbr

I have no clue what women want, but I have a very specific list of what 5-6 women do NOT want. :blush:

Viking

meh, women should not be classified with what they want as a group. There are about 3 billion different women who all want different things.

What I do know is that self esteem is the single most important factor in determining what women (at least western women within x/2 +7 and (x-7)*2 of my age) respond to.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on August 11, 2009, 12:32:00 AM
meh, women should not be classified with what they want as a group. There are about 3 billion different women who all want different things.

:bleeding:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on August 11, 2009, 12:45:13 AM
Quote from: Viking on August 11, 2009, 12:32:00 AM

:bleeding:

cliché yeah, but you have to tailor your approach to each and every person, not just women.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Brazen

This has certainly been recognised for years by the magazine industry. Men's magazines? Full of pictures of naked or barely-clothed women. Women's magazines? Full of pictures of naked or barely-clothed women. The only conclusion is that naked women are generally far easier on the eye.

Personally I read Men's Health...

Valmy

Quote from: Brazen on August 11, 2009, 04:16:58 AM
Women's magazines? Full of pictures of naked or barely-clothed women.

Yeah that one always stumped me.

Female sexuality is definitely more of a mental thing.  That is why they cover the internet with millions of disturbingly perverse sex stories.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on August 11, 2009, 08:15:48 AM
Quote from: Brazen on August 11, 2009, 04:16:58 AM
Women's magazines? Full of pictures of naked or barely-clothed women.

Yeah that one always stumped me.

Female sexuality is definitely more of a mental thing.  That is why they cover the internet with millions of disturbingly perverse sex stories.
And you know this how? :P
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 11, 2009, 09:04:42 AM

He's extrapolating. I'm sure he hasn't personally read more than a couple thousand.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 11, 2009, 09:04:42 AM

Sites like Literotica and people talking about fan fics and such.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 11, 2009, 09:11:20 AM
He's extrapolating. I'm sure he hasn't personally read more than a couple thousand.

I do admit it is hard to scroll down with one hand sometimes.

saskganesh

Fan Fic is a cesspool of immorality.

according to this paper from MIT, women are the primary authors of the genre.

http://web.mit.edu/comm-forum/papers/cumberland.html

The author postulates that internet anonymity allows wimmin to let it all hang out, so to speak.
humans were created in their own image

Lettow77

That's old news. Men write fiction, women write fanfiction. It is a naturally subordinate role- it falls in with the way of things.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'