Can you swim?

Started by merithyn, August 09, 2009, 01:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Read the topic

Yes, like a fish!
Enough to keep my head above water
No

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

I was born in the Mediterranean.  ;)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Strix

I grew up by Lake Champlain, so I swim quite well after spending so many summers at the beach.

Oddly enough, a lot of people drown in NC because they cannot swim but jump in pools and lakes assuming that it will come naturally to them (I guess).  :rolleyes:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: The Brain on August 09, 2009, 02:20:09 PM
I thought only black pipple didn't know how to swim. And Hungarian gypsies obviosuly.

Asians too

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Korea

I don't see how you could not know how to swim.  :huh:
I want my mother fucking points!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

How else was I gonna cross the rio grand?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Strix on August 09, 2009, 03:15:25 PM
I grew up by Lake Champlain, so I swim quite well after spending so many summers at the beach.

Oddly enough, a lot of people drown in NC because they cannot swim but jump in pools and lakes assuming that it will come naturally to them (I guess).  :rolleyes:

As long as you don't panic and you don't jump into the deep end I don't see how you couldn't be able to teach yourself how to swim in ten minutes. It's pretty damn simple.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

In the first world, we have swimming pools.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

Was the 17-18 age group champion of Central Norway in the 50 M backstroke, 2nd in the 100 M backstroke, 3rd in the 200 M backstroke and golds in all the 400 and 800 medley team relays.

So, yeah, I can swim. Since I'm a pretty chubby guy I have husseled jocks at swimming. 
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Octavian

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on August 09, 2009, 01:59:52 PM
Swim like a fish, taught as part of my upbringing...

Same here
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Martinus

I do. It's funny with me, because when I was a kid (like 10 y.o.) my parents would send me to swimming lessons and it was a horror as I couldn't learn it at all, and I was afraid of water and whatnot. Then, when I was like 17 I just went into a swimming pool and started swimming. :P

Jaron

We already know garbon can't swim.
Winner of THE grumbler point.