No
5 (31.3%)
Other (?)
5 (31.3%)
I don't do Jaron options.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Monoriu

I've heard that the transition lenses are only good for about 4 years.  The source is from someone selling them.  So the real lifespan is going to be considerably less.

Admiral Yi

Mono I get the feeling you're confusing transition lenses with the ones that get dark when you go outside.  Transition lenses are like bifocals (you know what those are?) that geeently transistion between the reading part and the distance viewing part.

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 08, 2009, 09:20:09 PM
Mono I get the feeling you're confusing transition lenses with the ones that get dark when you go outside.  Transition lenses are like bifocals (you know what those are?) that geeently transistion between the reading part and the distance viewing part.
I think those are called progressive lenses, dude.

Transition lenses, AFAIK = photochromic lenses.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Caliga

My total bill was like $180 and that included the exam plus new glasses, which will be ultra high index plus transitions and these kickass new kind of frames that are very pliable and would like never break (the optician showed me... you can bend them like almost 180 degrees and they won't snap in the middle).

The bad thing is I have a: hole in my retina on my left eye. :blink:

They took a bunch of pics of my eyes and made them 3D (which was awesome), and the optometrist showed me... I have like a pinpoint, perfectly round hole in my retina and there are patches of pigment (which he said is like scar tissue) around it.  He said if this didn't come up in my last eye appointment then it must be something that came up within the last 5-6 years.

I told him I have some inturned eyelashes and I asked if my rubbing of them could be the problem, and he said he didn't think so, though he removed one of them on my right eye for me.

Anyway, he wants to see me again in two months to see if the hole is healing or getting worse.  If the latter, I will need: laser surgery!

Grey Fox

What is it with you & hair growing in the wrong way?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Jaron

You don't really need to include Languish on every little life decision you make, boy.

LOL LANGUISH: MUSTARD OR KETCHUP ON MY DOG?

And dude seriously, your wifes obsession with her dog is borderline unhealthy :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Jaron on August 14, 2009, 06:44:36 AM
And dude seriously, your wifes obsession with her dog is borderline unhealthy :P

She doesn't have kids, the dog is a surrogate.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

Quote from: Jaron on August 14, 2009, 06:52:50 AM
Are you sterile? :(
Nein.  I am completely fertile.  You would know this if you were l33t and had access to TBR. :)