Started by jimmy olsen, August 07, 2009, 07:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Wow, now that's corruption :lol:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32325828/ns/world_news-europe/
QuoteSold for $5: Russian fighters worth $3.7 million
Anti-corruption check reveals that MiG-31s were bought by 'dummy firm'

updated 5:13 a.m. ET, Fri., Aug 7, 2009

MOSCOW - Russian investigators are probing the illegal sale of four fuselages of MiG-31 interceptor fighter jets that fetched as little as $5, RIA news agency said Thursday.

The aircraft were reportedly worth $3.7 million each.

Corruption is rife across Russia, with the country's President Dmitry Medvedev repeatedly pledging to launch crackdowns and repeatedly complaining this week about officials who demand bribes.

The sale came to light after an anti-corruption check was carried out to see whether regulations were followed during the sale of items from the Sokol Aircraft Construction plant located in the Russian Volga city of Nizhny Novgorod, RIA reported.

"As a result, long-range supersonic interceptor aircraft that were not for sale were purchased by a dummy firm," prosecutors were quoted as saying by RIA.

It did not say where the jet bodies had been found.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Strix

Did you ever stop to think that it wasn't corruption but a deal to supply another country with combat aircraft?

Eastbumfuckistan cannot afford planes so Moscow "sells" the planes to them for a "nominal" fee.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

KRonn

Nice gift, for that former Commissar who has everything...   :cool:

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Neil

Did they get the whole fighter, or just the fuselage?  Either way, you could have done better selling them for scrap.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.