Toying with some game dev ideas for 4x space games.

Started by DontSayBanana, August 22, 2009, 08:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Quote from: Ideologue on August 24, 2009, 12:41:21 AM
Quote from: The Brain on August 23, 2009, 01:40:27 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 23, 2009, 01:14:20 PM
If you can do that, what's keeping you from teleporting an atomic bomb into the engine?  Or, if you do want to keep the ship, dispersing a few kilograms of nerve gas or few milligrams of plutonium dust into the air?

What would the plutonium do?

I labor under the presumption that plutonium is radioactive enough that dusting the interior of a spaceship could deliver lethal doses of radiation.  May be wrong, in which case I fall back on my nerve gas idea.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Habbaku

Quote from: dps on August 24, 2009, 03:05:51 PM
Quote from: The Brain on August 24, 2009, 09:41:35 AM
Quote from: Lucidor on August 24, 2009, 02:57:23 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 24, 2009, 12:41:21 AM
Quote from: The Brain on August 23, 2009, 01:40:27 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 23, 2009, 01:14:20 PM
If you can do that, what's keeping you from teleporting an atomic bomb into the engine?  Or, if you do want to keep the ship, dispersing a few kilograms of nerve gas or few milligrams of plutonium dust into the air?
Lethal, perhaps, but not in the short run. It would be impractical, since cleaning out the ship would have to be very thorough before the new owners could use it.

What would the plutonium do?

I labor under the presumption that plutonium is radioactive enough that dusting the interior of a spaceship could deliver lethal doses of radiation.  May be wrong, in which case I fall back on my nerve gas idea.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

saskganesh

... how about a space game without spaceships?  call it astral warz or something.
humans were created in their own image

DontSayBanana

Quote from: saskganesh on August 25, 2009, 10:40:34 AM
... how about a space game without spaceships?  call it astral warz or something.

Or Tempest. :nerd:
Experience bij!