I never realized how freaking cool Ryan O'Neil was before

Started by Caliga, August 04, 2009, 11:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

I gave a standing ovation at the premier of Malcolm X. Sadly I applauded the wrong part and niggas kicked me out the theater. <_<
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on August 04, 2009, 11:05:50 AM
Hitting on your own daughter (who you don't even recognize) at your WIFE'S FUNERAL?  CLASSY. :cool:

To be fair he never actually did get to wed Farrah.

But yeah your one true love(tm) dies and then you hit on your own daughter at her funeral.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 04, 2009, 11:57:57 AM
I don't think I'd ever heard of Ryan O'Neal before this thread.

You're a fucking moron, and you are the reason your generation needs a high hand grenade colonic.

Jaron

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 04, 2009, 05:47:15 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 04, 2009, 11:57:57 AM
I don't think I'd ever heard of Ryan O'Neal before this thread.

You're a fucking moron, and you are the reason your generation needs a high hand grenade colonic.

The holy high hand grenade colonic of Antioch!! :o
Winner of THE grumbler point.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: KRonn on August 04, 2009, 01:58:11 PM
What a chump this guy is. Besides actually being a twit, telling about it all in public; what a marooooon!    :huh:

Anybody over the age of 40 would not be surprised at any of this.  Ryan O'Neal spent most of the '70s being a dickhead.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 04, 2009, 02:43:42 PM
Quote from: Maximus on August 04, 2009, 02:42:34 PM
I rest my case.
I think there were a group of Air Force reserve personal in the first few rows

I think it is great that movie theaters set aside entire rows of seats just to display personal ads for our troops.  Just goes to show that Hollywood is about more than the bottom line.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

KRonn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 04, 2009, 05:49:10 PM
What a chump this guy is. Besides actually being a twit, telling about it all in public; what a marooooon!    :huh:

Anybody over the age of 40 would not be surprised at any of this.  Ryan O'Neal spent most of the '70s being a dickhead.
I guess I never really paid much attention to the guy, or he wasn't visible enough to me, to notice. He seems to have had a rather low level acting career, not a lot of activity?

katmai

Oh i'm sure he was just as big a dickhead in 80's and 90's too, just wasn't as popular so it didn't go reported :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

merithyn

True dat.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Caliga

Quote from: PRC on August 04, 2009, 04:30:13 PM
I'm amazed.  I've never seen a standing ovation at a movie... and only once or twice some sporadic clapping at the end of one.
I don't mean to say the entire theater stood up and applauded, but in all of those cases I'd say at least a dozen people did so.  IIRC the largest ovation was for The Matrix.  Keep in mind that this was at the Cleveland Circle Cinema in an overwhelmingly-predominant college student neighborhood in Boston.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

BuddhaRhubarb

:p

BuddhaRhubarb

He's had his second wind in the 00's
:p

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on August 04, 2009, 09:45:52 PM
Quote from: PRC on August 04, 2009, 04:30:13 PM
I'm amazed.  I've never seen a standing ovation at a movie... and only once or twice some sporadic clapping at the end of one.
I don't mean to say the entire theater stood up and applauded, but in all of those cases I'd say at least a dozen people did so.  IIRC the largest ovation was for The Matrix.  Keep in mind that this was at the Cleveland Circle Cinema in an overwhelmingly-predominant college student neighborhood in Boston.

Quills is a weird movie to receive a standing ovation, though.

I mean, I love it but I would have thought it wouldn't appeal to the kind of people who give standing ovations in cinemas (i.e. morons). I'm less surprised by Matrix or Independence Day.

Caliga

I saw Quills at an art house theater type place on Harvard Square. ^_^

I remember loving it at the time, but all I remember is the scene with Kate Winslet's boobs and the massive tent my pants made.  :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: KRonn on August 04, 2009, 07:06:25 PM

I guess I never really paid much attention to the guy, or he wasn't visible enough to me, to notice. He seems to have had a rather low level acting career, not a lot of activity?

He was quite the heart throb and Hollywood society page/tabloid fodder in the '70s and early '80s.