News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ohio, the heart of it all

Started by Ed Anger, August 04, 2009, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

"Bro, I knew somethin's wrong when a pretty little white girl ran into a black man's arms - somethin's wrong here! Dead giveaway!"

:lmfao:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2013, 09:21:59 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 06, 2013, 09:16:52 PM
3 missing girls from a decade ago found alive in a dungeon basement. In Cleveland.

Austria on the lake.

The 911 call on Cleveland.com is fucking hilarious.

Operator: We'll send a car as soon as one is available.
Amanda: NO! They need to get here before he gets back!

"As soon as one is available"? They had to have thought it was a domestic, right?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Caliga on May 07, 2013, 06:39:32 AM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 06, 2013, 10:19:14 PM
Hmm, three girls, one missing since 2000 and the others since 2003/2004 found with one of them holding a baby. Basically sounds like a Jaycee Dugard situation x3.
I wasn't all that surprised.  I'd be willing to bet there are dozens of other such situations going on in the US right now. :hmm:

Oh I'm sure. Of all the disappearances, filter out all the ones in which it's just a crazy/drug addicted runaway and all the custody disputes and that's probably 96-99% of all disappearances. Then of the remainder, probably the vast majority are just plain ordinary murder victims kidnapped/raped/murdered within 24-48 hours after disappearing. That leaves a small number that are Dugard situations like you say, and in a country this size with the number of disappearances it could be tens or dozens or something, who knows.

Ed Anger

I finally got around to watching the interview with the black dude.  :lol:

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

The guy had a Puerto Rican flag hanging from his front porch. :mad:

Oh right.... that's not an immigrant.... Carry on, then. :whistle:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Brazen

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 07, 2013, 08:30:42 AM
Oh I'm sure. Of all the disappearances, filter out all the ones in which it's just a crazy/drug addicted runaway and all the custody disputes and that's probably 96-99% of all disappearances. Then of the remainder, probably the vast majority are just plain ordinary murder victims kidnapped/raped/murdered within 24-48 hours after disappearing. That leaves a small number that are Dugard situations like you say, and in a country this size with the number of disappearances it could be tens or dozens or something, who knows.
Here's one caught at the plotting stage. It really made me shudder:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22437771

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Brazen on May 07, 2013, 09:19:37 AM
Here's one caught at the plotting stage. It really made me shudder:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22437771

I really, really hate people like that--if you could call them people.

Unfortunately, there are far too many of them in this world, caught or not caught.

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2013, 09:21:59 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 06, 2013, 09:16:52 PM
3 missing girls from a decade ago found alive in a dungeon basement. In Cleveland.

Austria on the lake.

The 911 call on Cleveland.com is fucking hilarious.
:yes:

"Help, I just escaped, I've been locked up for 10 years."
"We'll send a car out when it opens up.  Kthxbye."

Caliga

Dude, I'm sure the cops are pretty much busy in Cleveland nonstop, having been there. :yuk:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on May 07, 2013, 01:02:09 PM
Dude, I'm sure the cops are pretty much busy in Cleveland nonstop, having been there. :yuk:

Yeah, they're pretty damned busy out there.  But they can be rerouted according to need, you don't have to wait for one to clear a non-emergency call.

Caliga

That was supposed to be a dig at Cleveland, but you basically ruined it, ruiner. :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Oh, there's still plenty of room to dig at Cleveland.  :lol:

jimmy olsen

:lol:

Quote[Dispatcher]
Cleveland 911. Police, ambulance, or fire

[Charles Ramsey]
Yeah, hey bro. I'm at 2207 Seymore, West 25th. Hey, check this out. I just came from McDonald's, right. I'm on my porch eatin' my lil' food, right. This broad is tryna break out the fucking house next door to me. So, it's a bunch of people street right now and shit. So we like, what's wrong, what's the problem? She like, this motherfucker done kidnapped me and my daughter and we been in this bitch. She said her name was Linda Berry or some shit. I don't know who the fuck that is.I just moved over here, bruh. I don't ... that, you know what I mean.

[Dispatcher]
Sir, sir, sir, sir, sir. Sir, you have to calm down and slow down. Is she still in the street?

[Charles Ramsey]
Uh, uh, Seymore Ave.

[Dispatcher]
And miss, is she still in the street or where did she go?

[Charles Ramsey]
Yeah, I'm lookin' at her. She right now, she callin' y'all. She on another phone.

[Dispatcher]
Is she black, white, or hispanic?

[Charles Ramsey]
Uh, she white, but the baby look hispanic.

[Dispatcher]
Okay, what is she wearing?

[Charles Ramsey]
Uh, white tanktop, light blue, uh, sweatpants. Like a wifebeater.

[Dispatcher]
Do you know the address next door, that she said she was in?

[Charles Ramsey]
Yeah, 2207, I'm lookin' at it.

[Dispatcher]
Okay, I thought that was your address. So that, that house...

[Charles Ramsey]
No, no. I'm smarter than that, bruh. I'm telling you where the crime was, not my house.

[Dispatcher]
Okay look, sir, we can't talk at the same time. Do you wanna leave your name and number?

[Charles Ramsey]
Charles Ramsey, R-A-M-S-E-Y.

[Dispatcher]
What's the phone number?

[Charles Ramsey]

[Dispatcher]
Are the people she said that did this, are they still in the house?

[Charles Ramsey]
I don't have a fuckin' clue, bruh. I'm just standin' out here with McDonald's.

[Dispatcher]
Can you ask her if she needs an ambulance?

[Charles Ramsey]
You need an ambulance, or what? She need everything. She's, she's in a panic, bruh. I bet she been kidnapped, so put yourself in her shoes.

[Dispatcher]
We'll send the police out. Thank you.

[Charles Ramsey]
There you go!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Cleavland police

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/07/missing-women-cleveland-brothers-arrested/2140359/

Quote"A third call came from neighborhood women who lived in an apartment building. Those women told Lugo they called police because they saw three young girls crawling on all fours naked with dog leashes around their necks. Three men were controlling them in the back yard. The women told Lugo they waited two hours but police never responded to the calls"
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point