And we're back!

Main Menu

Trouble Afoot

Started by Malthus, August 04, 2009, 09:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

I feel like having a Poutine now, great.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Yeah, but I think they eat that shit in Buffalo, too.  I used to work with a chick from Buffalo and she wistfully pined for a garbage plate from time to time.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 04, 2009, 09:23:29 AM
I feel like having a Poutine now, great.

Rotting severed feet found in the garbage tends to have that effect on Québécois.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Monoriu

I distinctly remember a story about floating feet in BC.  I think Malthus posted that one too. 

Strix

Quote from: Caliga on August 04, 2009, 09:17:04 AM
Quote from: Malthus on August 04, 2009, 09:15:03 AMLooks good - for dog food.  :x
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garbage_plate

You do realize that Nick Tahou's is in Rochester and not Buffalo, right?  :)

And a garbage plate is basically a picnic on a platter. I was going to poke fun at Kentucky but than I realized it isn't known for anything other than inbreeding.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Barrister

The garbage plate is just inelegantly named.  I think I had one and it was tasty.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Quote from: Strix on August 04, 2009, 10:09:28 AM
And a garbage plate is basically a picnic on a platter. I was going to poke fun at Kentucky but than I realized it isn't known for anything other than inbreeding.
A careful reader of my posts will discern that nowhere did I say I wouldn't eat a garbage plate.  You are confusing me with the snobbish Malthus. ^_^

charliebear

Quote from: Caliga on August 04, 2009, 09:14:02 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 04, 2009, 09:13:05 AM
Sault-St-Maries?
Too hard to pronounce.

...and spell:  Sault Ste. Marie

We don't need any more foreign stuff in Michigan.  We're already looking at the probable future site of Guantanamo Bay Heights in Standish.

Caliga

I think we should do The Running Man with those guys.  We can send them to California and let the Governor manage the program. :)

Malthus

Quote from: charliebear on August 04, 2009, 10:55:09 AM
Sault-St-Maries?
Too hard to pronounce.

We don't need any more foreign stuff in Michigan.  We're already looking at the probable future site of Guantanamo Bay Heights in Standish.

Hey, we in Toronto could just buy up some of those $1 houses in Detroit and turn them into dump sites. We'd be doing Detroit a favour, really.  ;)

charliebear

Quote from: Malthus on August 04, 2009, 11:17:34 AM
Quote from: charliebear on August 04, 2009, 10:55:09 AM
Sault-St-Maries?
Too hard to pronounce.

Hey, we in Toronto could just buy up some of those $1 houses in Detroit and turn them into dump sites. We'd be doing Detroit a favour, really.  ;)

Well....ok.  Cash only, though.  By the way, that's a dollar AMERICAN, not a dollar Canadian.

crazy canuck

At least they have stopped washing up on BC shores.

Caliga

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 04, 2009, 01:18:54 PM
At least they have stopped washing up on BC shores.
Did they ever find a culprit for all those feet?