Main Menu

Wojtek the badass bear

Started by Slargos, August 04, 2009, 06:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on August 04, 2009, 01:13:13 PM
They don't tend to be ornery and foul-tempered.  :huh:
I'm talking about American bears, not their gay cousins to the North. -_-

You bring up a good point though... I have no idea how an Iranian bear might behave.  :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Maximus

That's what I was thinking. It may depend on the species though. Grizzlies and Polars tend to be more foul tempered that the black, and, from what I've heard, the alaskan brown. I don't know what species they'd have in Iran.

Josquius

Heh. Wojtek. I've a Polish friend in Sweden by that name.
What is unfortunate though is that it is pronounced very very close to våldtäkt (rape)...Which goes down well with the ladies.

Anyway. On topic.

Quoteunsuspecting, peaceful Poles
LOL.
Sure, thats inter-war Poland alright. :rolleyes:

Quoteinternational military superpower
And that is really the USSR and Germany at the time :rolleyes:

This is a awesome story though...Red Alert 3 doesn't look so silly now. It demands a movie.
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

I wonder how many Germans that bear helped kill.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on August 04, 2009, 01:15:41 PM
I'm talking about American bears, not their gay cousins to the North. -_-

You bring up a good point though... I have no idea how an Iranian bear might behave.  :huh:
You have no idea how an American bear might behave, as Americans aren't noted for their knowledge of the natural world.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

Quote from: Tyr on August 04, 2009, 04:26:54 PM
What is unfortunate though is that it is pronounced very very close to våldtäkt (rape)...Which goes down well with the ladies.
"I think you'd like my friend Rape. All the ladies i know have fallen in love with Rape when i introduce them"
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

The bear, being Polish, rushed to collaborate with the Germans and helped round up jews.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 04, 2009, 06:28:50 PM
The bear, being Polish, rushed to collaborate with the Germans and helped round up jews.

The bear was Iranian though. How could he help with the Holocaust if it never happened?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Quote from: Maximus on August 04, 2009, 01:33:53 PM
Grizzlies a to be more foul tempered that the black, and, from what I've heard, the alaskan brown.

:huh:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tonitrus

Quote from: katmai on August 04, 2009, 06:59:01 PM
Grizzlies a to be more foul tempered that the black, and, from what I've heard, the alaskan brown.

Yeah, I've always understood that you can "play dead" with the browns/grizzlies; but the black bears will mess you up, and you have to fight or die.

katmai

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 04, 2009, 07:18:09 PM
Quote from: katmai on August 04, 2009, 06:59:01 PM

Yeah, I've always understood that you can "play dead" with the browns/grizzlies; but the black bears will mess you up, and you have to fight or die.

Sorry i meant to cut black bear of my quoting of max, the :huh: is i don't know of any difference between grizzlies and NA brown bears :P

Tonitrus

Quote from: katmai on August 04, 2009, 07:20:04 PM
Sorry i meant to cut black bear of my quoting of max, the :huh: is i don't know of any difference between grizzlies and NA brown bears :P

Just a subspecies of browns.

Pretty sure there is a difference, albeit not a great one, between "lower 48" brown bears, NA grizzly bears, and good 'ol Alaska Browns.

katmai

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 04, 2009, 07:22:09 PM

Pretty sure there is a difference, albeit not a great one, between "lower 48" brown bears, NA grizzly bears, and good 'ol Alaska Browns.

Besides we grow them bigger pretty sure there isn't :P

Tonitrus

Quote from: katmai on August 04, 2009, 07:23:57 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on August 04, 2009, 07:22:09 PM

Besides we grow them bigger pretty sure there isn't :P

Like I said, not a great difference.

Like the difference between Siberian tigers and Indian tigers.  ;)

katmai

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 04, 2009, 07:25:35 PM

Like I said, not a great difference.

Like the difference between Siberian tigers and Indian tigers.  ;)

Listen chair force i know the neighborhood you live in, don't make me start knocking on the doors and kick ya in the nuts!

:P

P.S. hey i have two more weekends at market before i get rdy for fair, come on down again to say  hi since i was slammed on 4th :P