News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Buying a New PC

Started by Faeelin, August 02, 2009, 12:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on August 04, 2009, 10:42:20 AM
Of course not.  Why would anyone bother coding an app for the Apple OS?  Most businesses enjoy making money. :)

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=Mac+OS+developers&meta=&aq=f&oq=

58,300,000 hits. -_-
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Barrister on August 04, 2009, 10:37:59 AM
You know, Apples have literally zero bloatware... :whistle:

Hey neither did my computer.  Bonus:  It was probably about 1/4 the price and doesn't say "Apple" anywhere on it.  :cool:

Barrister

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 04, 2009, 10:47:16 AM
Quote from: Barrister on August 04, 2009, 10:37:59 AM
You know, Apples have literally zero bloatware... :whistle:

Hey neither did my computer.  Bonus:  It was probably about 1/4 the price and doesn't say "Apple" anywhere on it.  :cool:

I have some stickers that could take care of that problem.  :)

Caliga

Burger, he'll always have a comback on this subject.  Apple is his freaking religion.  :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Barrister on August 04, 2009, 10:55:55 AM
I have some stickers that could take care of that problem.  :)

Actually, I kinda already screwed that up myself since I have to have iTunes for the phone.  So every once in a while, when I sync the thing, the horrible logo and such appears on my screen.  :cry:

Edit:  And it came with a sticker for some reason.

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on August 04, 2009, 10:57:41 AM
Burger, he'll always have a comback on this subject.  Apple is his freaking religion.  :huh:

Christianity is my religion.   :huh:

Barrister

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 04, 2009, 10:57:47 AM
Edit:  And it came with a sticker for some reason.

They're wierd that way.  My iPod, and my Mac Pro, came with goofy white Apple logo stickers.

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on August 04, 2009, 11:05:53 AM
They're wierd that way.  My iPod, and my Mac Pro, came with goofy white Apple logo stickers.
Why are you surprised?  Apple's recent renaissance is entirely due to marketing.  Giving you a bunch of dumb stickers = viral marketing.

"Hi, I'd like to be a walking billboard and not get paid for it.  Where do I sign up!?"  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on August 04, 2009, 11:07:14 AM
Why are you surprised?  Apple's recent renaissance is entirely due to marketing.  Giving you a bunch of dumb stickers = viral marketing.

"Hi, I'd like to be a walking billboard and not get paid for it.  Where do I sign up!?"  :cool:

You'll notice that I still have the stickers to be able to give to MBM :shifty:

I have to disagree it's just about marketing.  OS X is, to use your word, OSSUM.  OS 9 and prior, not so much.

MadBurgerMaker

:lol: You know, I can't find where I tossed the box right now, but I think the sticker(s) that came with it are the same size ones that people put all over their cars.   The standard Apple sticker, I guess.

Edit:  No really...where's that box...I managed to hang on to the one for my old phone for...more than two years...I lose the iPhone box (with stickers still in it) in a month.  I might need to take you up on the offer Beeb, if only to replenish my stock of Apple stickers for whatever reason.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Caliga on August 04, 2009, 07:53:02 AM
I've actually spent more time uninstalling bloatware from Princesca's new Acer laptop than I would have building a new desktop PC from components.  :lol:

If you go to parts retailer that also builds their own computers you dont get bloatware.  It isnt worth their time to install it. 

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on August 04, 2009, 11:08:40 AM

You'll notice that I still have the stickers to be able to give to MBM :shifty:

Because the Yukon lumberjacks would have beaten you up if you had offered the stickers to them.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on August 04, 2009, 11:21:00 AM
Because the Yukon lumberjacks would have beaten you up if you had offered the stickers to them.

We don't have a lumber industry here.  It's the miners that would beat me up.  :rolleyes:

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on August 04, 2009, 11:43:33 AM

We don't have a lumber industry here.  It's the miners that would beat me up.  :rolleyes:

3rd graders?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: The Brain on August 04, 2009, 12:55:17 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 04, 2009, 11:43:33 AM

3rd graders?

They may have left school after 3rd grade, yes.