Alaska and Florida consider bans on bestiality

Started by jimmy olsen, March 21, 2009, 02:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Terrible crime, for the animals to be taking advantage of humans!    :o

The Nickname Who Was Thursday

They need to pass laws for the protection of pies. I saw a documentary about a dude taking advantage of (raping) one a few years back.
The Erstwhile Eddie Teach

garbon

Quote from: KRonn on March 21, 2009, 08:19:25 PM
Terrible crime, for the animals to be taking advantage of humans!    :o

Well that's the one side I don't get. What happens when the animal is fucking you?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: grumbler on March 21, 2009, 02:52:15 PM
Quote from: Martinus on March 21, 2009, 02:21:21 PM

*shrug*

Any serious argument against beastiality really becomes rather empty from anyone who is not a vegetarian. I don't know about your average cow, but personally I'd much rather be fucked than slaughtered and eaten.
I'll take your word in what animals prefer in terms of sex, but in the civilized world there has always been a legal discrimination between harming/torturing animals and merely killing them.  While we consider killing people worse than torturing them, we do the reverse for animals, and in the civilized world we recognize that such moral distinctions come as readily to omnivores as to vegetarians.

As your nation spends more time exposed to the modern world, future generations of Poles will get these distinctions, even if it is too late for you.  8)

In Sweden bestiality is legal and mistreating (let alone torturing) animals is illegal. You = fail.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on March 21, 2009, 09:32:15 PM
In Sweden bestiality is legal and mistreating (let alone torturing) animals is illegal. You = fail.

We're Americans; our failure makes the world go round.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

From Today Anchorage Daily News

QuoteIn honor of the just ended great race, smart-mouths in Juneau are calling Bob Lynn's bestiality bill "the Ididadog bill."
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

*shrug*

Any serious argument against beastiality really becomes rather empty from anyone who is not a vegetarian. I don't know about your average cow, but personally I'd much rather be fucked than slaughtered and eaten.

Hmmm.  Maybe those slippery slope arguments about Gays and bestiality have something to them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

What I would be curious about is the stance on having sex with a dead animal (say, a freshly shot deer or the chiken you plan to have for dinner). Illegal? Immoral?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on March 22, 2009, 06:07:07 AM
What I would be curious about is the stance on having sex with a dead animal (say, a freshly shot deer or the chiken you plan to have for dinner). Illegal? Immoral?
Distasteful.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: grumbler on March 21, 2009, 02:52:15 PM

*shrug*

I'll take your word in what animals prefer in terms of sex, but in the civilized world there has always been a legal discrimination between harming/torturing animals and merely killing them.  While we consider killing people worse than torturing them, we do the reverse for animals, and in the civilized world we recognize that such moral distinctions come as readily to omnivores as to vegetarians.

As your nation spends more time exposed to the modern world, future generations of Poles will get these distinctions, even if it is too late for you.  8)
There is a question of animal cruelty, of course, but again one would assume that existing anti-animal-cruelty laws already deal with it sufficiently, without a need for a separate penalization of bestiality (with, presumedly, harsher penalties). Not to mention, one would assume that not all cases of bestiality would qualify as animal cruelty - for example someone performing fellatio on a dog would not be causing the animal discomfort and pain.

So, no, you have not showed why sexual acts with animals, by their very nature (i.e irrespective of the actual pain caused to animals or not) deserve penalization, whereas skinning, eating and otherwise using them as things does not.

You = fail.

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on March 22, 2009, 05:43:44 AM
*shrug*

Hmmm.  Maybe those slippery slope arguments about Gays and bestiality have something to them.
Well, I have always held that there is no rational basis for the penalization of bestiality outside of the scope of the animal cruelty laws, or penalization of incest outside of the scope of power relationship abuse laws and anti-pedophilia laws.

I see nothing legally wrong with TheBrain pleasing orally his pet cow or Lord Byron fucking his sister.

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on March 22, 2009, 11:18:05 AM
There is a question of animal cruelty, of course, but again one would assume that existing anti-animal-cruelty laws already deal with it sufficiently, without a need for a separate penalization of bestiality (with, presumedly, harsher penalties). Not to mention, one would assume that not all cases of bestiality would qualify as animal cruelty - for example someone performing fellatio on a dog would not be causing the animal discomfort and pain.
Since I didn't make this distinction, I don't have to justify it.  8)

QuoteSo, no, you have not showed why sexual acts with animals, by their very nature (i.e irrespective of the actual pain caused to animals or not) deserve penalization, whereas skinning, eating and otherwise using them as things does not.

You = fail.
Again, you create a failed strawman due to your inabilityy to read what I actually wrote.

What I wrote was a response to your absurd assertions.  I made no assertions myself about the wisdom of laws regarding bestiality, merely about the fact that distinctions between animal cruelty and the slaughter of animals for food can be made in a non-"rather empty" manner by non-vegetarians.

Again, as your nation becomes more exposed to the civilized world, it will become possible for some Poles (though not, perhaps, you) to engage in intellectual discussions without strawmanning and posting juvenile things like "You = fail."

I look forward to the day.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

lustindarkness

Again, I have a hard time believing mart is a lawyer.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

grumbler

Bayraktar!