I love them both equally.
1 (2.3%)
I hate them both equally.
8 (18.6%)
I don't put Jaron options in my polls.
10 (23.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Grallon

It's funny, near where I work there's a subway station and there's always a few people with Obama=Hitler signs.  They have a table and litterature about how Obama is nothing but a puppet of the vast Zionist conspiracy.

Anyhow I chose Obama the sacrifitial lamb. ^_^

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

DontSayBanana

I vote to force a Jaron option. Chavez and his "pres-for-life" antics suck, but so does our system of expecting a figurehead to get the hang of managing an overly complex nation in four years. I'll let you use that to figure for yourselves how much I think of performance opinions less than a year into the job.
Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 31, 2009, 10:52:46 PM
I vote to force a Jaron option. Chavez and his "pres-for-life" antics suck, but so does our system of expecting a figurehead to get the hang of managing an overly complex nation in four years. I'll let you use that to figure for yourselves how much I think of performance opinions less than a year into the job.

I think you're greatly underestimating the amount of power the President wields.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 31, 2009, 11:26:26 PM
I think you're greatly underestimating the amount of power the President wields.
And the amount of time someone nominally devotes to figuring out what they would do as president once elected.  Obama certainly suffers from the fact that his presidency is vastly different from what he expected, but that is another thing that can be counted against him, when all is said and done.  FDR had the same problem, as did Lincoln.

The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise -- with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew, and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country.

Fellow-citizens, we cannot escape history. We of this Congress and this administration, will be remembered in spite of ourselves. No personal significance, or insignificance, can spare one or another of us. The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the latest generation.

We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 31, 2009, 11:26:26 PM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 31, 2009, 10:52:46 PM

It's ussually measured in terawatts.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tonitrus

Quote from: grumbler on August 01, 2009, 12:07:20 AM
The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise -- with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew, and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country.

Fellow-citizens, we cannot escape history. We of this Congress and this administration, will be remembered in spite of ourselves. No personal significance, or insignificance, can spare one or another of us. The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the latest generation.

We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.

Alas, political writing with that level of quality no longer exists.

Neil

Lincoln must have known that he had a fight coming once he got elected.  He might not have appreciated the scale, or the number of seperatist states, but he had to figure he'd have to coerce someone.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on August 01, 2009, 06:37:20 AM
Lincoln must have known that he had a fight coming once he got elected.  He might not have appreciated the scale, or the number of seperatist states, but he had to figure he'd have to coerce someone.
He didn't really appreciate how many Southerns supported and would fight for the secessionist state governments. He famously said that he doubted there was a secessionist majority in any state with the possible exception of South Carolina.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

You assclowns and your ACW hijacks.