News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What's up with the heat in WA?

Started by Siege, July 29, 2009, 07:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Here in the northeast we only began to get summer weather about two weeks ago, in any consistent way. Been rainy and cool for much of the summer. Going to cool off tomorrow and the next couple of days but get hot/humid again next week.

BuddhaRhubarb

record heat in Vancouver these days. Every store selling out of fans and water as Vancouverites are only slightly less prone to panic than Springfield.
:p

Fireblade

Today was the wettest July on record in Arkansas. We got a total of 12 inches of rain.

:nelson: Texas

FunkMonk

Quote from: Siege on July 29, 2009, 10:19:54 PM
Is it TGER or TIGR? I know it doesn't have one of the vowels.
Yup, TIGR.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Caliga

Quote from: Fireblade on July 30, 2009, 10:05:39 PM
Today was the wettest July on record in Arkansas. We got a total of 12 inches of rain.

:nelson: Texas
Same here.  It's like it's the monsoon season.  Kinda ruins the summer, boating and fishing-wise.  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

I for one, have enjoyed the break the Ohio and Miami valley has gotten from the usual 90+ degree heat of July.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

Massachusetts, and probably all or most of the New England states, had rain for most of the days of June, and a lot of July as well. Remains to be seen what happens with August. Last summer I remember my lawn stayed pretty green through most of the summer, where usually it's brown and dried out by mid summer. So we had more rain last summer too.

July was pretty nice over all, but not as hot as it usually might be. The last week or two have been hot though.

charliebear

The weather this summer reminds me why I love living in Michigan.  It's been pleasant for the most part.  Only a few days have been above 90F, most have been in the 70's and 80's.

Beebs, how many F's is 32C?  Is that about 95F?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

With all the hot weather Vancouver has been getting all the mold in condos will soon disappear and a large restoration industry will be put out of business. :cry:

Siege

Some people around here are starting to take global warming seriously.

Yeah, the moment the heat goes up, people start screaming and running for cover, linking in their minds the heat with global warming, like if such a thing could exist.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

sbr

Quote from: Siege on July 31, 2009, 04:17:55 PMpeople around here are starting to take global warming seriously.

Yeah, the moment the heat goes up, people start screaming and running for cover, linking in their minds the heat with global warming, like if such a thing could exist.

:huh:  This statement confuses me. 

Siege

Quote from: sbr on July 31, 2009, 07:05:23 PM
Quote from: Siege on July 31, 2009, 04:17:55 PMpeople around here are starting to take global warming seriously.

What? Are you a believer?
Do you believe an global  warming???
I really hate conspiracy theorists.

sbr

Quote from: Siege on August 02, 2009, 01:27:58 AM

OK this is better, you are saying that global warming is an impossibility.  Why is that?

Siege

Quote from: sbr on August 02, 2009, 01:41:16 AM
Quote from: Siege on August 02, 2009, 01:27:58 AM

OK this is better, you are saying that global warming is an impossibility.  Why is that?

Because the weather is constantly changing on its own.