News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Empire Total War, Again

Started by Faeelin, March 10, 2009, 07:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

I like the way they have done the naval combat, trade lanes and over seas trading.  Playing as England you really get the sense that naval power counts.

Ed Anger

I noticed the rockets in this game act like MLRS with all those airbursts. Inaccurate as hell, but fun to watch and it screws with morale.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Cecil

Patch has been delayed again. This steam thing for faster patching was totally like advertised:(

Ed Anger

I've given the game a rest. The shine is off the apple.

BVN

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 21, 2009, 12:53:10 PM
I've given the game a rest. The shine is off the apple.
Ditto. I'm sick of all the bugs...

Ed Anger

I think my break point was when I invaded Anatolia with 5 Indian stacks and the AI just let me gobble up the Turkish heartland.

Caliga

Never buy a game right after release. 8)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Monoriu

I am also losing interest in the game.  There is great potential in this game, and I can live with the bugs.  But the lack of activity in the campaign map is killing it.  The AI doesn't do anything except send small raiding parties.  I had a lot of fun with medieval total war where I had to fight wars on multiple fronts, and I had to decide how to allocate my precious resources. Now I just build up, then decide which province/faction to attack next. 

An AI patch or a mod can fix this, but AI is probably not CA's priority right now.  They'll probably fix the crashes and bugs first.

Diplomacy also appears to be quite broken.  Every turn I am bombarded with 4 or 5 crazy proposals about exchanging a shitty province in North America with Rhineland or something.  If I refuse, the exact same offers are made the next turn.  One turn, Austria cancelled a trade deal.  Then next turn it offered it to me.  Then on the third turn, it cancelled it again.  Sigh.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on March 22, 2009, 08:02:26 PM

I WAS BORED.
Although the last two games haven't lived up to expectations. Fallout 3 turned into a brown borefest, and E:TW turned into a zerg rush of the AI.

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on March 22, 2009, 08:02:26 PM
Especially not a Total War game.

crazy canuck

I have shelved it for now as well.  The crash bugs were really starting to irritate me and especially one that ended any further progress in one of my games as GB.

Legbiter

Well, I'm tossing this game to the back of the stack for now. My Prussian GC fell apart in 1731 due to the CTD bug. What a half-assed release.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Octavian

I've shelved it as well. Ill wait until it becomes more patched and the mods become more developed.

Have picked up on my EB RTW Rome game and MEDII Sicilian Vespers dark age game instead. 
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

BVN

Apparently there is a new patch out. But it seems mostly fixes for crashes and no real 'gameplay fixing'....

Caliga

It's funny how you guys never learn. :lol:

After playing around with the demo a bit I now have a M:TW Kingdoms campaign going.  I enjoy conquering Mexico and winning battles wherein I kill 900 Aztecs and lose 3 Spaniards*.

* native mercenary losses don't count, as they are mere dogs.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points