And we're back!

Main Menu

Empire Total War, Again

Started by Faeelin, March 10, 2009, 07:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on September 26, 2009, 11:49:03 AM
WTF is the Indian (as in, India) faction doing invading the Bahamas? :bleeding:

I invaded Europe with multiple Indian stacks. Each stack had a mobile customer service office fully staffed with CSR's and a 7-11.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

Wanted to try 1.5, ended up braking down and buying the Warpath DLC. As with MTW2, the focus on one theater instead of the world seems to have helped the game.
There is lots of flavor in this expansion including a separate technology tree for the indian tribes. What I like most is that you manage your relation to the european settlers through buildings on your resources. If you have a farm, gold mine or such, you can either build your own structure, or build pioneers there for pennies. And in case of farms (dunno about other resources like furs yet), it is MUCH more profitable to let in the white man and do its thing on your fields.
However, drawbacks are that farms spread protestantism and increase unrest, while white-man gold mines increase needs for reforms.

Razgovory

Don't let the whiteman in your country!  It never works out.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Faeelin

Hey, you know what would be a great DLC? The Napoleonic Wars. Somebody should suggest that to them.

Cecil

Quote from: Faeelin on October 08, 2009, 08:10:41 AM
Hey, you know what would be a great DLC? The Napoleonic Wars. Somebody should suggest that to them.

:lol:

Quickest ban in TW forums ever.

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Octavian

Quote from: Cecil on October 08, 2009, 12:33:32 PM
Quote from: Octavian on October 08, 2009, 11:54:38 AM
Quote from: Viking on October 06, 2009, 07:10:48 AM
Quote from: Octavian on October 06, 2009, 06:41:00 AM
Patch 1.5 has been released.

any good?

Yes..

Patch notes?

Empire: Total War

Fixed a bug which which occasionally allowed factions who were not allied to be invited to join a war

Improved campaign map performance

Republics will no longer dispute a claim to a throne via a war of succession

Fixed a crash when pathfinding for embarking/disembarking

Fixed situation where balance-of-power bar on battle screen was not considering the correct set of reinforcements

Made the decision of which third-party factions can be involved in a campaign battle slightly fairer

Interceptions are no longer suppressed when blockading a port

Fixed rare crash after naval battles

Fixed rare crash caused by successful revolutionary armies containing units that were not permitted for the resulting government type

Fixed crash in AI logic structures

Reduced AI army clustering

Improved AI invasion troop movement

Various light infantry behaviour fixes

Naval and Land unit balancing

General AI improvements

A 1.6 has also been released with an artillery fix

- Eyal Yanilov.

- Bruce Lee

Viking

What about directions of re-enforcement?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

I never tried a campaign.  I just set play battles.  It has a bunch of new Indian factions though (which are all alike).  I destroyed an entire Prussian army with just Indians.  Only a dozen Prussians escaped.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

BVN

Quote from: Viking on October 08, 2009, 04:33:50 PM
What about directions of re-enforcement?
Wasn't that already fixed? Anyhow, last time I played the re-enforcements came from the right direction.

Queequeg

Are there any good mods for this?  If the price of either this or GTA4 goes down for Christmas, I'm buying it.  My new comp can play it!
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Octavian

Quote from: Queequeg on December 20, 2009, 03:01:37 PM
Are there any good mods for this?  If the price of either this or GTA4 goes down for Christmas, I'm buying it.  My new comp can play it!

Darthmod seems to be the best imo.

- Eyal Yanilov.

- Bruce Lee