News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy Birthday America

Started by celedhring, July 05, 2024, 05:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the most memorable rendition of the Star Spangled Banner in a movie?

Leslie Nielsen in The Naked Gun (1988)
9 (75%)
The Griswolds in Christmas Vacation (1989)
0 (0%)
Robert Downey Jr in Hearts & Souls (1993)
0 (0%)
DeNiro & Stallone in The Grudge Match (2013)
0 (0%)
Some kid with a lovely voice in Dark Knight Rises (2012)
0 (0%)
Creepy TV in Poltergeist (1982)
0 (0%)
The Deltas in Animal House (1978)
0 (0%)
Sacha Baron Cohen in Borat (2006)
2 (16.7%)
Some lady in Slapshot (1977)
0 (0%)
Other (name it)
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

celedhring

A belated congratulations to our fellow USA-ers, on the 4th of July!

I've decided commemorate America's birthday by - naturally - way of a movie poll. What's the most the most memorable rendition of the Star Spangled Banner in a film? It can be either because of the quality of the performance itself (or lack thereof), or the way it's used in the scene, or whatever strikes you fancy.

I'm obviously taking Enrico Pallazzo in The Naked Gun.

Admiral Yi

Not from a movie.  Cheating.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Syt on July 05, 2024, 06:33:57 AM"This video is unavailable"

At least is wasn't unavoidable.
Anyway, hope it was a good 4th as maybe it's the last one as a democratic Republic  :wacko:

Caliga

Quote from: celedhring on July 05, 2024, 05:51:17 AMI'm obviously taking Enrico Pallazzo in The Naked Gun.
Agree.  No contest, really.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

I learned on Cheers that America lost the War of Independence.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

I'm going off the board - Roseann Barr's rendition at a baseball game circa 1990:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMzIk2pUuNU

The question was "memorable", not "good" - right?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Syt

Jaws was set over July 4th, right?

:P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sophie Scholl

Whitney Houston's rendition at Super Bowl XXV is probably the most famous version I can think of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_lCmBvYMRs&ab_channel=X-DOnotuse
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."