1 (5.3%)
10 (52.6%)
3 (15.8%)
4 (21.1%)
1 (5.3%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Josquius

Maybe a bit different to these polls considering its quite a bit more well known and I expect most people will know at least 3 of them but....hey ho.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

#5 seems to be surprised to be there. :bowler:  :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

I vote for the happy lesbian. She's probably green, isn't she?

*edit* just say the pin. Dammit.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on June 11, 2024, 07:44:17 AM#5 seems to be surprised to be there. :bowler:  :hmm:
Botox and fillers will do that to a man :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

I am annoyed that only Rishi coordinated his tie with his party color...er...colour.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

I miss the crazy Austrian green girl. :(

Zanza

How the fuck is that grifter Farage still a thing? What's his topic now?

Jacob

Quote from: Zanza on June 11, 2024, 05:55:52 PMHow the fuck is that grifter Farage still a thing? What's his topic now?

"Vote for me and with a bit of luck a pseudo-fascist reactionary populist may be able to take over the Conservative party just like Reform* did in Canada and Trump did in the US."

EDIT: Beeb specific disclaimer: the Reform Party of Canada was not pseudo-fascist and was less reactionary than Farage or Trump are. They did, however, provide the template for a further-right populist party taking over and eating the established rightwing party in an Anglophone democracy.

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on June 11, 2024, 05:55:52 PMHow the fuck is that grifter Farage still a thing? What's his topic now?

Immigration. The Tories didn't use Brexit for its intended purpose to make Britain for Britons.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Jacob on June 11, 2024, 05:57:07 PM"Vote for me and with a bit of luck a pseudo-fascist reactionary populist may be able to take over the Conservative party just like Reform* did in Canada and Trump did in the US."

EDIT: Beeb specific disclaimer: the Reform Party of Canada was not pseudo-fascist and was less reactionary than Farage or Trump are. They did, however, provide the template for a further-right populist party taking over and eating the established rightwing party in an Anglophone democracy.
Or, indeed, the conversation that's happening in the EU thread and the French thread. Firewalls tumbling all over the place.

Although Farage is, for the first time I can remember, declining media opportunities right now. Largely because after several days of hounding Sunak on the D-Day thing (with some dog-whistles thrown in), it turns out there is a Reform candidate who basically argued that Lord Halifax was right and Britain should have just been neutral in the war. This was then followed up by the Reform spokesman:
QuoteA Reform UK spokesman initially said: "Through offence archaeology the BBC has found that Mr Gribbin has made a series of comments about a number of subjects.

"They were written with an eye to inconvenient perspectives and truths. That doesn't make them endorsements, just arguing points in long distance debates.

"His historical perspective of what the UK could have done in the 30s was shared by the vast majority of the British establishment including the BBC of its day, and is probably true.

"Again no endorsement, just pointing out conveniently forgotten truths.

I think they've regretted the "is probably true" bit. Although I do love an anti-establishment party apparently not applying that to the Cliveden set. Also these comments were made two years ago, so it's less "offence archaeology" than "offence dusting".
Let's bomb Russia!

Tonitrus

Barrister

Yeah, too well known for me to make even an attempt at judging solely by looks.

My pity vote goes to Sunak.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

I know who all of these people are for once!  :lol:

Voted Lib-Dem, of course.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien