0 (0%)
0 (0%)
3 (20%)
1 (6.7%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 22, 2024, 02:37:55 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 22, 2024, 02:31:41 PMHuh.  Not who I would have chosen, but then again not exactly sure who the "good" candidate in SA is these days.

Rhamposa (sp?) is not a bad pick.  He was the anti corruption guy after Zuma and not a lot of news coming out of SA is a good sign.

Yeah - it's just SA desperately needs a change in governing parties after 30 years, but no popular and black-majority party has ever really stepped forward.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

I don't follow south Africa particularly.
But from what I gather despite looking like a stereotypical villain the top guy is actually OK, and in with a shot.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 22, 2024, 01:10:50 PMFunny that Zuma managed to get back on the ballot.
He wasn't. Not allowed by the courts.

Separately, now results and amazingly the ANC won less than 50% of the vote.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 30, 2024, 02:45:04 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 22, 2024, 01:10:50 PMFunny that Zuma managed to get back on the ballot.
He wasn't. Not allowed by the courts.

Separately, now results and amazingly the ANC won less than 50% of the vote.

Looks like Zuma's new party is the reason why. This might be a disastrous result, but still lots of counting to go.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Behold the results!
QuoteParty    Leader                   %         Seats   +/–
ANC    Cyril Ramaphosa          40.18       159   −71
DA    John Steenhuisen          21.81   87   +3
MK    Jacob Zuma[a]           14.58   58   New
EFF    Julius Malema           9.52           39   −5
IFP    Velenkosini Hlabisa   3.85           17   +3
PA    Gayton McKenzie           2.06            9   +9
VF+    Pieter Groenewald           1.36            6   −4
ActionSA Herman Mashaba   1.20            6   New
ACDP    Kenneth Meshoe   0.60            3   −1
UDM    Bantu Holomisa   0.49            3   +1
RISE    Songezo Zibi                   0.42            2   New
BOSA    Mmusi Maimane   0.41            2   New
ATM    Vuyolwethu Zungula      0.40            2   0
Al Jama  Ganief Hendricks   0.24            2   +1
NCC    Fadiel Adams                   0.23            2   New
PAC    Mzwanele Nyhontso   0.23            1   0
UAT    Wonder Mahlatsi           0.22            1   New
Good    Patricia de Lille   0.18            1   −1

Zuma's back, back again.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Razgovory

I voted for the communist guy.  Sounds like fun.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 04, 2024, 02:28:28 PMI voted for the communist guy.  Sounds like fun.

Unfortunately you were in a smaller minority than before.

Nationalizing the mines = ok I can get with that.

Taking white people's stuff = That might be problematic  :hmm:

But hey maybe they can use the white people's stuff to fix the power grid somehow.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on June 04, 2024, 02:37:05 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 04, 2024, 02:28:28 PMI voted for the communist guy.  Sounds like fun.

Unfortunately you were in a smaller minority than before.

Nationalizing the mines = ok I can get with that.

Taking white people's stuff = That might be problematic  :hmm:

But hey maybe they can use the white people's stuff to fix the power grid somehow.
I kinda want to see people defending the confiscations.  "This is okay, it's decolonization". 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017