News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EURO 2024

Started by Duque de Bragança, May 16, 2024, 05:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Who are you thinking of? Those haircuts all seem pretty normal to me and, for footballers, almost approaching sensible :lol: :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 06, 2024, 06:55:14 PM
Quote from: HVC on July 06, 2024, 02:04:49 PMA England-France final for the most boring match ever?
France is the first team to get to the semi-finals of the Euros without conceding or scoring a goal. Meanwhile England in their last two games have had 3 shots on target and scored 3 goals :lol: :bleeding:

It would very much not be one for the neutrals.

In such a scenario I *really* hope France wins. Sorry, English fans are insufferable enough as it is :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

That's the thing with watching England.
They win, I'm happy that they won.
They lose, I'm happy that some absolute scum are crying.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: HVC on July 07, 2024, 07:20:45 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on July 06, 2024, 06:55:14 PM
Quote from: HVC on July 06, 2024, 02:04:49 PMA England-France final for the most boring match ever?
France is the first team to get to the semi-finals of the Euros without conceding or scoring a goal. Meanwhile England in their last two games have had 3 shots on target and scored 3 goals :lol: :bleeding:

It would very much not be one for the neutrals.

In such a scenario I *really* hope France wins. Sorry, English fans are insufferable enough as it is :lol:

Scylla or Charybdis scenario, that.

But I agree, France is the lesser evil in this case.

Maladict

France defeating England in a final would be delicious. But I'd rather have them go out in the semifinal, just to be safe  :goodboy:

Valmy

Wait so you guys find England more insufferable than France?

I can't help but feel this means the English have already won
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2024, 11:48:04 AMWait so you guys find England more insufferable than France?

English fans
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

crazy canuck

If Spain does not win we are doomed to watch boring international games for at least a generation as every coach emulates the winning strategy.

Sheilbh

Although on England fans - the video from Edgbaston of India and Pakistan cricket fans taking a break from their game to watch the penalties was great :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Threviel

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 07, 2024, 01:39:35 PMIf Spain does not win we are doomed to watch boring international games for at least a generation as every coach emulates the winning strategy.

Correct, but also ironic given what Spain did to football '08-'12.

England could also pretend to be trailing one goal from the beginning of every game, that would be fun.

celedhring

Quote from: HVC on July 07, 2024, 11:51:15 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2024, 11:48:04 AMWait so you guys find England more insufferable than France?

English fans

Add to it that I live in the Spanish Med coast and you can see my dread.

HVC

Quote from: celedhring on July 07, 2024, 02:19:52 PM
Quote from: HVC on July 07, 2024, 11:51:15 AM

English fans

Add to that that I live in the Spanish seaside and you can see my dread.

Double-check your insurance  :ph34r:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 07, 2024, 04:45:22 AMWho are you thinking of? Those haircuts all seem pretty normal to me and, for footballers, almost approaching sensible :lol: :ph34r:

As in evil normalcy I guess.  :D
Still not as stylish as your Bundesliga/ '80s mullet haircut.  :P Known in some countries as German haircut/German neck (nuque à l'allemande).  :P

Tamas

So actually the Swiss goal triggering Southgate to let the team play football and their penalty-taking performance has turned me around to be positive about the England team, BUT the articles hailing Southgate as a genius because we lucked out against SWITZERLAND  is a bit nauseating.

My annoyance is the way England has been playing and performing the last few tournaments gives the picture of an upper-middle tier team punching above its weight (which is great), yet the picture painted is of one of the great teams doing what's expected. And you end up with things like wins against Panama celebrated like an actual achievement, and whatnot.

Threviel

Thinking about it it mostly seems that I have seen Foden lots of times.

:bleeding: