2024 Portuguese snap Legislative Elections

Started by Duque de Bragança, March 12, 2024, 01:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Choose your poison to best of your knowledge and belief(s)

0 (0%)
1 (5.6%)
3 (16.7%)
1 (5.6%)
1 (5.6%)
4 (22.2%)
0 (0%)
8 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: March 20, 2024, 01:16:00 PM

Duque de Bragança

Duque de Bragança

One last candidate, could not add more options in the poll:

There were 17 or so in the ballot, so I had to make tough choices. :(

Jacob

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 12, 2024, 01:16:00 PMFor the sake of the Portuguese Republic, if a mod could fix it the last link with this image instead,

It was a missing square bracket, which I fixed. For the Portuguese Republic, naturally.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Jacob on March 12, 2024, 02:57:11 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 12, 2024, 01:16:00 PMFor the sake of the Portuguese Republic, if a mod could fix it the last link with this image instead,

It was a missing square bracket, which I fixed. For the Portuguese Republic, naturally.

Obrigado!  :cheers:

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on March 12, 2024, 01:34:08 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 12, 2024, 01:16:00 PM@HVC

Do you even vote?  :D

Not a citizen :P I tried getting dual citizenship 20 or so years ago, but because my parents marriage isn't registered there it was a hassle. Would have been easier being a bastard :D Might still do it, but I have to register the marriage first unless they've changed things.

I gotta admit - if I could get an EU passport I'd put up with a lot of hassle.

Even if it was a crappy country like Portugal. :P

On the poll itself - I dunno, I gotta go with Ms. double-chin.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Duque de Bragança

Try this if you can  :P :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portugal_Golden_Visa

QuoteEligibility
The eligibility criteria to obtain a Portugal Golden Visa included:

- A Capital Transfer with a value equal to or above €1,5 million
- The creation of at least 10 jobs
- The purchase of real estate property of at least €500,000 or above
- The purchase of real estate property, with construction dating back more than 30 years or located in urban regeneration areas, for refurbishing, for a total value equal to or above €350,000
- Capital transfer with a value equal to or above €500,000 for investing in research activities conducted by public or private scientific research institutions involved in the national scientific or technologic system
- Capital transfer with a value equal to or above €250,000 for investing in artistic output or supporting the arts
- Capital transfer of the amount of €500,000, or higher, for the acquisition of units of investment funds or venture capital fund of funds dedicated to the capitalization of companies, capital injected under the Portuguese legislation, whose maturity, at the moment of the investment, is, at least, of five years and, at least, 60% of the investments is realized in commercial companies with head office in national territory
- Capital transfer of the amount of €500,000, or higher, for constitution of a commercial society with head office in the national territory, combined with the creation of five permanent working jobs, or for the reinforcement of the share capital of a commercial society with head office in national territory, already existing, with the creation or keeping of working jobs, with a minimum of five permanent jobs, and for a minimum period of three years.

Portuguese, European Union and European Economic Area nationals are not eligible for the ARI / Golden Visa scheme.[6]

Barrister

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 12, 2024, 03:29:32 PMTry this if you can  :P :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portugal_Golden_Visa

QuoteEligibility
The eligibility criteria to obtain a Portugal Golden Visa included:

- A Capital Transfer with a value equal to or above €1,5 million
- The creation of at least 10 jobs
- The purchase of real estate property of at least €500,000 or above
- The purchase of real estate property, with construction dating back more than 30 years or located in urban regeneration areas, for refurbishing, for a total value equal to or above €350,000
- Capital transfer with a value equal to or above €500,000 for investing in research activities conducted by public or private scientific research institutions involved in the national scientific or technologic system
- Capital transfer with a value equal to or above €250,000 for investing in artistic output or supporting the arts
- Capital transfer of the amount of €500,000, or higher, for the acquisition of units of investment funds or venture capital fund of funds dedicated to the capitalization of companies, capital injected under the Portuguese legislation, whose maturity, at the moment of the investment, is, at least, of five years and, at least, 60% of the investments is realized in commercial companies with head office in national territory
- Capital transfer of the amount of €500,000, or higher, for constitution of a commercial society with head office in the national territory, combined with the creation of five permanent working jobs, or for the reinforcement of the share capital of a commercial society with head office in national territory, already existing, with the creation or keeping of working jobs, with a minimum of five permanent jobs, and for a minimum period of three years.

Portuguese, European Union and European Economic Area nationals are not eligible for the ARI / Golden Visa scheme.[6]

I think I would value "hassle" as a lot less than 1.5 million Euros...

I was more thinking like a couple afternoons of paperwork.

It's unfortunate though that on both sides of my heritage, they're A: both been in Canada like 5 generations and B: neither are EU countries (UK / Ukraine).

HVC

You've never had to deal with Portuguese bureaucracy  :D

That being said I probably will do it. Maybe Poilievre's Canada will push me to it :ph34r: :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

Ukrainian immigrants have Portuguese citizenship now, in some cases, despite having to lose their Ukrainian citizenship (no dual citizenship in Ukraine).

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on March 12, 2024, 03:39:48 PMYou've never had to deal with Portuguese bureaucracy  :D

That being said I probably will do it. Maybe Poilievre's Canada will push me to it :ph34r: :P

I guess it varies, being near the biggest Portuguese consulate in France, but I remember getting my ID and passport quicker in the consulate than if it were through the mairie as a French citizen.

HVC

It's been years since I've been to Portugal, but I remember even then there were a lot of Ukrainians in Lisbon.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on March 12, 2024, 03:39:48 PMYou've never had to deal with Portuguese bureaucracy  :D

I remember having to apply to get a visa to go to Brazil - does that count... :ph34r:

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on March 12, 2024, 03:42:11 PMIt's been years since I've been to Portugal, but I remember even then there were a lot of Ukrainians in Lisbon.

We are legion. :shifty:

HVC

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 12, 2024, 03:41:45 PM

I guess it varies, being near the biggest Portuguese consulate in France, but I remember getting my ID and passport quicker in the consulate than if it were through the mairie as a French citizen.

The Toronto consulate was never great, but since Covid it's gotten a lot worse. My mother has had to some paperwork. It's like a weird hybrid of online and by appointment, but with the worst aspects of each.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on March 12, 2024, 03:43:35 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 12, 2024, 03:41:45 PM

The Toronto consulate was never great, but since Covid it's gotten a lot worse. My mother has had to some paperwork. It's like a weird hybrid of online and by appointment, but with the worst aspects of each.

The Covid indeed messed things up, but I'd say it's back to normal, at least over here.
Avoid the period before the summer holidays, it's the worst usually.