News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New Paradox Tinto Game? EU5?

Started by Syt, February 28, 2024, 12:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

I think you can safely rename this thread to EU5 @syt.

It will have pops:

Syt

Might still be Victoria 4 Barbarossa. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Zanza on March 13, 2024, 11:37:12 AMI think you can safely rename this thread to EU5 @syt.

It will have pops:

The peasants are revolting

Tamas

Actually I am not very happy about pops. Victoria 3 is crumbling under their weight, and that level of politics is less important in the EU era.

Josquius

Pops though are the best way to handle lots of things going on at once in a province.
One of the big things that needs improving from the classic EU formula is colonisation and there basically just being this batch or 500 natives in a province you either kill or wait until your colony is big enough and have them join.
"Unincorporated pops" could help handle the situation a lot better.

Same too reformation. Rather than a absolute Catholic/protestant having a urban population one and harder to touch countryside another, maybe with a different language complicating matters....

I can see lots of good things to do with pops.

Though yeah. After skylines 2 hopefully they're testing on actual real world representative computers.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Yeah good points, but I think pops work better with a turn based game.

Josephus

Yeah, not happy about pops. We'll see.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Is Johan making a game with pops?

Josephus

I guess it's an EU Vickie hybrid. Throw in some CK too since start date seems earlier
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

Maybe a game to cover 500 BCE to 2000 CE? :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Tamas on March 13, 2024, 01:34:39 PMActually I am not very happy about pops. Victoria 3 is crumbling under their weight, and that level of politics is less important in the EU era.

It does not appear they are tracking professions and other details.  Just social class, culture and religion.  That should reduce the burden on the engine. It will allow more finely tuned conversion and migration.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Josephus

Quote from: Syt on March 14, 2024, 07:27:14 AMMaybe a game to cover 500 BCE to 2000 CE? :P

They just did that with Millennia 😁
Civis Romanus Sum

Richard Hakluyt

It looks like they will go for an earlier start, c.1340. Which is fine, but we can expect little interesting play in the 17th and 18th centuries as a consequence.

I hope that one day they will announce a 1648-1815 or 1688-1815 game so that intersting period is covered properly.

garbon

I'm not sure what to make of that level of detail on the map.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Quote from: garbon on March 21, 2024, 03:25:34 AMI'm not sure what to make of that level of detail on the map.
The only mechanic that I can think of that might use that level of detail is army movement and combat/occupation.

But due to the whack-a-mole style of combat and the necessity to carpet siege this would be very tedious if they keep the general behaviour of armies from EU4.