News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dead Pool 2024

Started by Josephus, December 26, 2023, 09:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on March 20, 2024, 11:30:15 AMChris Simon, former NHL player.  Strong man, but talented hockey player too, not just a goon.

Died by suicide at 52.  Former Quebec city Nordiques and Avalanche player.  :(

He will be missed.
QuoteFormer NHL player Chris Simon dies by suicide at 52 and CTE is suspected in his death, family says
Link

Yeah - as soon as you seen "not just a goon" and "death by suicide at 52" your mind goes immediately to CTE.

RIP.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on March 20, 2024, 11:33:52 AM
Quote from: viper37 on March 20, 2024, 11:30:15 AMChris Simon, former NHL player.  Strong man, but talented hockey player too, not just a goon.

Died by suicide at 52.  Former Quebec city Nordiques and Avalanche player.  :(

He will be missed.
QuoteFormer NHL player Chris Simon dies by suicide at 52 and CTE is suspected in his death, family says
Link

Yeah - as soon as you seen "not just a goon" and "death by suicide at 52" your mind goes immediately to CTE.

RIP.
He began his career as a goon, IIRC.  And during one summer, he took advanced skating lessons.  Which seems ridiculous for a hockey player already in the NHL.  But he came back and was a much faster player, able to assist and score goals.  Something a player like John Kordic was unable to do.

If you want a sad story, look for his story.  It required 9 police officers to subdue him on the night of his death.  Poor guy.

Now, back to Chris Simon.  Not a star player, but he could make the plays, have assists and goals.
https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=4962

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Duque de Bragança

Fritz Wepper. German actor
RIP

Famous for Die Brücke, le Dernier Combat and Derrick.
Auf wiedersehen Harry. :(

Tonitrus

Tamas

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 29, 2024, 06:58:12 PMFritz Wepper. German actor
RIP

Famous for Die Brücke, le Dernier Combat and Derrick.
Auf wiedersehen Harry. :(

Oh :( I remember him in Derrick from when I was a kid.

Syt

RIP Joe Lieberman. No more Palpatine memes.

Unless he "somehow" returns. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Josquius

Pretty big news today is we've lost Higgs. Of Boson fame.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-68774853.amp

Honestly didn't realise he was Geordie!
██████
██████
██████

viper37

OJ Simpson just died of a cancer at 76 years old.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Maladict

HVC

Wonder how long before cancer comes out with a book
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Caliga

He never managed to identify the real killer. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points