3 (12.5%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
9 (37.5%)
3 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

HVC

You two need more southern European friends :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on April 27, 2024, 09:28:12 PMWhat's with all the facial hair on catalan politicians?  Does no one know how to work a razor?
That's not very multicultural of you.

What happened with your policies of respecting everyone's cultural identities? :sleep:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Josquius on April 29, 2024, 10:55:05 AMI think it depends on age for me.
20-something woman with a cross necklace: Probably a fundamentalist (assuming the rest of her clothes are conservative of course. I have ran across the occasional goth or other sort wearing one just for fashion).
50+ woman with a cross necklace: Very probably just something that belonged to her mother or she got as a teenager or the like and in no way indicative of her beliefs.

I have a work colleague from Lebanon who wears a cross. Given the particulars of that country, I would think that is an example of being very telling, if not necessarily of one's beliefs, but likely of one's identity/background.

celedhring

So, nationalists have lost their majority for the first time in 40 years, with socdems (#4) finishing first in votes and seats. Only Puigdemont's (#8) party has slightly improved results, the ruling pro-indy leftie party (#2) crashed and burned.

However, I can't see a viable coalition. I think we're heading towards a repeat election.

Cross-wearing xenophobic chick seems to have got a seat. So has the winner of the languish poll, although her party (non-nationalist lefties) has lost seats, too.

Valmy

What the hell happened to the Cs? They went from like 25% of the vote to nothing in what seems like five minutes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

They have been in
Quote from: Valmy on Today at 04:30:26 PMWhat the hell happened to the Cs? They went from like 25% of the vote to nothing in what seems like five minutes.

Many things, none of them good. My general theory is that they were a coalition of very disparate elements tenuously held by opposition to Catalan nationalism. As the threat waned so did the glue that held the party together, and Vox captured the full-throated anti-separatist vote anyway. A bunch of miscalculations, intestine infighting, and being completely outplayed by PP in the game of thrones didn't help either.