News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Christmas Trains

Started by Sheilbh, December 25, 2023, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are the trains running on Christmas Day?

Yes (Euro)
9 (60%)
Yes (North American)
4 (26.7%)
Yes (ROTW)
1 (6.7%)
No (Euro)
1 (6.7%)
No (North American)
0 (0%)
No (ROTW)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Oexmelin

Quote from: viper37 on December 25, 2023, 08:42:51 PMi haven't check until now and there's no departure between Quebec city and Montreal, but that means nothing.  Usually, it's earlier in the day.  They're on for tomorrow, and the day after Christmas is usually off for most businesses too.

There were buses (and trains) between Quebec and Montreal on Christmas Day, and on Jan. 1st.
Que le grand cric me croque !

viper37

Quote from: Oexmelin on December 27, 2023, 09:14:09 PM
Quote from: viper37 on December 25, 2023, 08:42:51 PMi haven't check until now and there's no departure between Quebec city and Montreal, but that means nothing.  Usually, it's earlier in the day.  They're on for tomorrow, and the day after Christmas is usually off for most businesses too.

There were buses (and trains) between Quebec and Montreal on Christmas Day, and on Jan. 1st.
Good to know, thanks.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Zanza

I read that about 10% of the workforce here have to work during Christmas.

Sheilbh

Interesting - just checked and latest ONS stats are about 3.5% here. Largest sectors are, as you'd expect, health and social care followed by agriculture (forestry, fisheries etc) and hospitality - so it tilts female.
Let's bomb Russia!