Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 07, 2024, 04:21:06 PM
Quote from: Josquius on May 07, 2024, 04:14:27 PM:lol:
:yes:
The number of people saying you have to play that game too...
It seems to be about the only site for getting professional level jobs these days though. Outside of some industries with their own specific sites anyway.
Yeah I understand it's totally different for academia.

I should say the people I mainly see doing the whole LinkedIn influencer thing are recruiters.

Oh you are lucky. I see all sorts doing it.

I have a profile and positions so they can see I am a real person when they go to verify my existence. Less detail than my CV as I have no description of my roles. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

The ones I most commonly see doing it are people who don't actually have much in their CV.
UX is full of these people who don't actually know much about UX at all and think it's just making pretty pictures.
Their LinkedIns are usually full of lengthy stints as founders of made up companies and lots of phony inspirational dross.

Saw a good one the other day. Guy claims he put Google - Google mail user since 2010 on his LinkedIn and instantly got more recruiter attention.  :lol:

Yes. I use mine the same way where it's basically a stripped down copy of my CV.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Sheilbh

What's your take on the first ESC semi-final?

Is Ireland ok?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

grumbler

What country is Brian Colunio in?  Argentina?  It certainly isn't the US, because the very first statement is that "the state of the economy is poor (at best)" and that certainly does not apply to the US, where the economy is showing record-low levels of unemployment and the biggest problem is wage growth.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sheilbh

Listening to In Our Time and suddenly thought how old Melvyn Bragg is (84) and still interested in everything which is great. But also going to be genuinely sad when he goes :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

I recently bought a book by him for reasons. Just need to get the time to actually read it....
██████
██████
██████