TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Shardlake - enjoying it.

And RIP CJ Sansom :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: viper37 on May 05, 2024, 06:35:25 PMFast X.

I'm trying hard.  I think I've been trying for over a month now, maybe two.  Little by little every now and then I watch a few minutes before I get bored.

If it wasn't for Jason Momoa it would be very dull.  There's a lot of action scenes and car chases as usual, but nothing that ties it together.  It's as if the writers of this movie and the writers of Jurassic World III attended school together.  Or had a drug-induced revelation on how to make a "good" movie. 

I suspect there was a lot of smoke in the writers room.

Even though it was shot on location in North Portugal (not far from my region), part of it at least, I could not bring myself to watch it.

Incidentally, one of the best cinema venues is going for a road movie cycle and will screen the first Fast and Furious. A classic these days?  :lol:

viper37

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 07, 2024, 12:47:17 PMA classic these days?
Absolutely.

Point Break with cars and DVD players instead of parachutes and bank robberies!

It's absolutely fun and Paul Walker was a decent actor.

If only they had not placed Patrick Swayze against impossible odds at the end of Point Break, we might have seen him team up with Keanu Reeves for an international criminal chase involving tanks and nuclear submarines, and who knows?  Maybe even jump in parachute from a space shuttle to the Moon? :sleep:

QuoteEven though it was shot on location in North Portugal (not far from my region),

That explains why I could not recognize anything in Rome!  :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

28 Years Later is filming locally.
I keep reading of weird casting calls.
At the moment they want babies.
As young as possible.
This could be a extra squicky film.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Josquius on May 07, 2024, 06:07:04 PM28 Years Later is filming locally.
I keep reading of weird casting calls.
At the moment they want babies.
As young as possible.
This could be a extra squicky film.

Talent scouting in the maternity wards.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on Today at 09:17:50 AMTalent scouting in the maternity wards.

Even newborns have the cranial bumps that will tell the discerning observer whether or not the infant will grow into a good actor.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

Ain't nobody want to see a ugly baby on the big screen :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on Today at 09:53:38 AMAin't nobody want to see a ugly baby on the big screen :D

Unless it is a zombie.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: viper37 on May 07, 2024, 01:28:03 PM
Absolutely.

If only they had not placed Patrick Swayze against impossible odds at the end of Point Break, we might have seen him team up with Keanu Reeves for an international criminal chase involving tanks and nuclear submarines, and who knows?  Maybe even jump in parachute from a space shuttle to the Moon? :sleep:

That movie exists already, it's called xXx.  :P No Patrick Swayze, nor Keanu Reeves. It's got a Fast and Furious actor, however. No, not Tyrese.

So The Fast and Furious a classic?

Well, even the Jar Jar Binks Episode gets to be a classic these days for new, ignorant Star Wars "fans".  :lol:

QuoteEven though it was shot on location in North Portugal (not far from my region),

Luckily enough, Portugal was not featured in Eurotrip, I guess that's why you don't couldn't recognise it.  :P

Josquius

Xxx was great. Really wonder what happened with the sequel as they thumbled starting up a franchise.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on Today at 11:19:22 AM
Quote from: viper37 on May 07, 2024, 01:28:03 PM
Absolutely.

That movie exists already, it's called xXx.  :P No Patrick Swayze, nor Keanu Reeves. It's got a Fast and Furious actor, however. No, not Tyrese.

So The Fast and Furious a classic?

Well, even the Jar Jar Binks Episode gets to be a classic these days for new, ignorant Star Wars "fans".  :lol:

Luckily enough, Portugal was not featured in Eurotrip, I guess that's why you don't couldn't recognise it.  :P

First, xXx was a wonderful movie!
Marton Csokas is a fantastic actor.

And yes, you are indeed lucky that Portugal was not featured in the travel documentary that is Eurotrip.  :blurgh:

:P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.