News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

POLOT - President of Languish Election

Started by Darth Wagtaros, September 26, 2023, 01:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Will no one think of the Constitution?  Of the Rule of Law?  We can't just go ahead and start naming committees or God-Emperors!  The sacred traditions of Languish must be upheld!

I will remain as POLOT until another President is properly elected to take my place.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Current nominations without a second:

Tonitrus running as Nun-of-the-Above
Celery as God-Emperor

Each of these will need a second to be formally nominated.

... I also thought Darth Wagtaros nominated himself, but it doesn't look like it.

Sheilbh

Quote from: grumbler on September 27, 2023, 07:42:06 AMWe will call it the Committee of Languish Safety.

Thirded.
Suddenly regretting my loud legitimist support for Hapsburg :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on September 27, 2023, 10:47:15 AMWill no one think of the Constitution?  Of the Rule of Law?  We can't just go ahead and start naming committees or God-Emperors!  The sacred traditions of Languish must be upheld!

I will remain as POLOT until another President is properly elected to take my place.

I recommend that you do not attempt to overthrow the will of the people. If you wish to  become President of Languish Off the Record you will have to be duly nominated (nomination + second) and then win the ensuing election.

Unilaterally declaring that you won't step down after an election is a massive violation of the oath you claim to have sworn. Trump-like shenanigans will not be tolerated.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on September 27, 2023, 10:53:12 AM
Quote from: Barrister on September 27, 2023, 10:47:15 AMWill no one think of the Constitution?  Of the Rule of Law?  We can't just go ahead and start naming committees or God-Emperors!  The sacred traditions of Languish must be upheld!

I recommend that you do not attempt to overthrow the will of the people. If you wish to  become President of Languish Off the Record you will have to be duly nominated (nomination + second) and then win the ensuing election.

Unilaterally declaring that you won't step down after an election is a massive violation of the oath you claim to have sworn. Trump-like shenanigans will not be tolerated.

I refused to step down when an unconstitutional "Prime Minister" of Languish was elected, and I won't step down for some other title.

Languish has always had a President.  I was the last duly elected President, although we had 9 before me.  If an 11th President is properly elected I will happily had over the reigns of power. 

Your President is not above the Constitution and sacred traditions of Languish, but neither can we descend into mob rule.

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on September 27, 2023, 10:57:24 AMI refused to step down when an unconstitutional "Prime Minister" of Languish was elected, and I won't step down for some other title.

Languish has always had a President.  I was the last duly elected President, although we had 9 before me.  If an 11th President is properly elected I will happily had over the reigns of power. 

Your President is not above the Constitution and sacred traditions of Languish, but neither can we descend into mob rule.

Ah, the Gorbachev approach.  Good luck with that.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

The Armed Forces support the rightful President, Barrister Boy.

Signed, General Wolfe.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

See, this is why hanging out with the same people for 20 years can be awesome.  You start dusting out bits like "General Wolfe" 15 years later and they're still funny - maybe even funnier for the passage of time.

:hug:

Caliga

Quote from: Jacob on September 27, 2023, 10:50:07 AM... I also thought Darth Wagtaros nominated himself, but it doesn't look like it.
I nominated him.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jacob

Quote from: Caliga on September 27, 2023, 12:57:30 PM
Quote from: Jacob on September 27, 2023, 10:50:07 AM... I also thought Darth Wagtaros nominated himself, but it doesn't look like it.
I nominated him.

Right. So if he gets a second, he'll be a candidate.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on September 27, 2023, 10:57:24 AMWill no one think of the Constitution?  Of the Rule of Law?  We can't just go ahead and start naming committees or God-Emperors!  The sacred traditions of Languish must be upheld!

You are, in fact, not POLOT. You were - as you yourself admit - replaced by a PM in a fair and open election. Your claim to POLOTRY is a rank betrayal of Languish's democratic institutions (such as they are). Better late than never, you should step down gracefully for the sake of Languish and for the sake of your own dignity.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on September 27, 2023, 10:57:24 AMI refused to step down when an unconstitutional "Prime Minister" of Languish was elected, and I won't step down for some other title.

The people are sovereign. They abolished the institution of the Presidency in favour of a Prime Minister. If the popularly expressed will of the people is to institute another form of democratic government, that is their privilige.

The protestations of the loser of the last election does not change that one jot.

Your presidency has long been over. Please, do not attempt to undermine democracy for the sake of your personal pride.

Jacob

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 27, 2023, 11:29:20 AMThe Armed Forces support the rightful President, Barrister Boy.

Signed, General Wolfe.

How many divisions does Gen. Wolfe have?

DGuller

Do you need anyone to count the votes?  As a data scientist with a very diverse skillset, I can count in many different ways, depending on the problem being solved.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on September 27, 2023, 01:44:34 PM

The people are sovereign. They abolished the institution of the Presidency in favour of a Prime Minister. If the popularly expressed will of the people is to institute another form of democratic government, that is their privilige.

The protestations of the loser of the last election does not change that one jot.

Your presidency has long been over. Please, do not attempt to undermine democracy for the sake of your personal pride.

You forget your history, dear sir!

The position of PMOLOT was NOT brought in by the sovereign will of the people, but by the dictatorial reign of AnchorClankor!  Which is why I have stood up against the tyranny of the move ever since!