Millennia - 4X Civ Like published by Paradox

Started by Syt, September 21, 2023, 10:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

So far it's mostly making me want to play Civ 6 again. :P Maybe I'll get this when it's 10 euros or something.

crazy canuck

I don't think I can go back to Civ.  After playing Old World and this, it would be like playing checkers.  And I hate checkers.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: Solmyr on March 30, 2024, 04:56:04 AMSo far it's mostly making me want to play Civ 6 again. :P Maybe I'll get this when it's 10 euros or something.
Wow, I didn't think anything on earth existed with this effect.

Tamas

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 30, 2024, 09:12:17 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 30, 2024, 10:35:05 AMOKay, arrogance.

Hey, if you like simple games, failure boots.

As a general point (I have not played this game), complexity is not it's own reward in my opinion. Not in games nor in music.

Solmyr

My Civ6 is pretty heavily modded with all sorts of things added to the vanilla gameplay. :P

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 30, 2024, 09:12:17 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 30, 2024, 10:35:05 AMOKay, arrogance.

Hey, if you like simple games, failure boots.

When someone says they want to play something, it is generally ill-mannered to reply that it is far too simplistic for the tastes of one's mega brain.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Solmyr on March 31, 2024, 04:29:08 AMMy Civ6 is pretty heavily modded with all sorts of things added to the vanilla gameplay. :P
Like what?
PDH!

Solmyr

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 31, 2024, 08:21:42 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on March 31, 2024, 04:29:08 AMMy Civ6 is pretty heavily modded with all sorts of things added to the vanilla gameplay. :P
Like what?

I have 160 mods at the moment, though I haven't played in a while so some may be out of date. Here's my collection: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails?id=3208749814

crazy canuck

I did something only 4.6% of players have managed so far - I lost a game  :D

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Minsky Moment

Clearly you forgot to make use of the available military commanders, General Save-Scum and Admiral Reboot.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Jacob

How does Millenia compare to the Old World?

chipwich

Old world is limited to sword and board eras, Millenia is the full Civ history experience.

Old world is tightly balanced, Millenia is day one Paradox wild and wooly.

Old world can feel like the same game, Millenia uses the ages and spirits to mix things up

Old world is more stable and altogether better designed, Millenia has some obvious design errors that the devs are trying to undo. The principal reason I've been cheerleading Millenia thus far is that it's been 5 years since the last Civ expansion, and this is a new experience.