St John's Co-Cathedral Valletta(June 2023) [image heavy] This Time With Real Pics

Started by Josephus, June 21, 2023, 05:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Edit: finally figured this out.

The Knights of Malta built this church in 1577 to celebrate the victory over the infidels.
For more info:
link to St. Johns

Caravaggio Paintings:
the beheading of John the Baptist

St. Jerome writing

Cathedral Pics:

Painting of St. Michaels in the Chapel of Provence

The Chapel of the Langue of France

New Tapestry exhibit:
One of a series of tapestries on exhibit for the first time in many years. They were restored recently in Florence

Some of the ceiling art which has been there since the Knights opened the Cathedral

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

You're using the gallery/page link, you need to use the actual image link. Like so.  Nice picture.

*edit* probably helps if I say how lol. Depends on how you're viewing the image. Click and hold on iPad and select copy (like I did). Computer would be right click and... not sure. Probably copy as well. You'll have to test. I can't remember :D

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

How did you grab that?

I still can't. I went to the images and grabbed the "embed" link. Use the "img" icon above and pasted.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on June 21, 2023, 06:12:18 AMHow did you grab that?

I still can't. I went to the images and grabbed the "embed" link. Use the "img" icon above and pasted.

I added an edit (too early, not a morning person :D )
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"