News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football 2023-2024

Started by grumbler, June 11, 2023, 08:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Okay, so Harbaugh made Teeny give the award to Zak Zinter, Michigan's injured guard.  That's good enough.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Michigan is #1 and going to the Rose Bowl against Bama.

Texas is #3 and gets a 2022 Alamo Bowl rematch with Washington. Both teams are basically the same people so it should be interesting to see how Texas tries to defend Penix this time.

I was so sure Texas was going to get left out and Florida State included. I am shocked. Glad this is the last year of this committee stuff.

I think that is a good matchup for Michigan. Put pressure on Milroe and Bama isn't that great. If they play like they did against Ohio State they can do it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

FSU plays Georgia in the Orange Bowl for 5th place.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on December 03, 2023, 02:13:44 PMFSU plays Georgia in the Orange Bowl for 5th place.

And FSU is going to get destroyed.

A Texas-Michigan title game is all I want for Christmas the New Year.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on December 03, 2023, 02:33:06 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 03, 2023, 02:13:44 PMFSU plays Georgia in the Orange Bowl for 5th place.

And FSU is going to get destroyed.

A Texas-Michigan title game is all I want for Christmas the New Year.

Damn right. Please New Years Santa.

Grey Fox

This is the worse time line so Bama will win every thing now ☹️
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

I hope Valmy and Grumbler get their wish  :)

Valmy

grumbler

Bayraktar!

PDH

Meanwhile all these power conference types are too afraid to meet Wyoming in the mighty Arizona Bowl (or some bowl name like that).  Instead, the Pokes will face Toledo in what will undoubtedly be a football bowl game of some importance to those few people who give a damn.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

I wish that Michigan had the guts to face Wyoming next year, but they already have a full schedule next year, what with playing the #2, #3, #7, #8, and #10 teams in this year's final BCS poll.  That will be an insane strength of schedule.  Chance of going undefeated in regular-season play for a third year look dim.

As an interesting aside, UCLA will be the first team ever to join the Big Ten and not play Michigan in their first year in conference.

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on December 05, 2023, 11:17:20 PMMeanwhile all these power conference types are too afraid to meet Wyoming in the mighty Arizona Bowl (or some bowl name like that).  Instead, the Pokes will face Toledo in what will undoubtedly be a football bowl game of some importance to those few people who give a damn.

I was thinking of that glorious double overtime victory in the Arizona Bowl...but then remembered it was the New Mexico Bowl.

There is also a Texas Bowl. We just need to bring back the California Bowl and we will have the entire southern border covered.

grumbler

I love this graphic.

But it's not the fact that Michigan is the national favorite that is so great, it's that the fans in Ohio, Oregon,  and Georgia are all rooting against their conference rival and thus look out of place.

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Congratulations to the 2023 Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl Champions! A game whose epic conclusion is an inspiration to us all.

Valmy

Quote from: grumblerBut it's not the fact that Michigan is the national favorite that is so great, it's that the fans in Ohio, Oregon,  and Georgia are all rooting against their conference rival and thus look out of place.

I don't understand why Oklahoma is rooting for us.