News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Paradox: Star Trek Infinite

Started by Crazy_Ivan80, June 09, 2023, 02:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Seems Paradox is making a Star Trek game.
Teaser trailer dropped on YouTube yesterday.

Not sure what to make of it.
Birth of the Federation type game?

https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/our-games/paradox-arc/star-trek-infinite

The Brain

Looks like a Stellaris expansion. Note: I said "looks like", not "is likely to be".

The captain's voice part didn't sound like it would have made it into a TV show. Not enough energy.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

The stellaris St mod I remember always having a lot of potential and never quite being there. Lots of good ideas.
Colour me intrigued
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

The final shot really makes it look like a Stellaris makeover. I guess they are eager to replicate the success formula of Sengoku  :P

Zanza

Using lots of Stellaris elements to make a Star Trek game sounds like a good idea.

Syt

It's by the guys who made the 2016 Master of Orion remake. Not holding my breath on this, esp. when the Stellaris mod exists.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on June 09, 2023, 04:37:16 AMIt's by the guys who made the 2016 Master of Orion remake. Not holding my breath on this, esp. when the Stellaris mod exists.

Does anyone know what went down to make it become two separate star trek mods? Never knew which was better.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Are there two now? It's been a while since I played it, and didn't really pay attention.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

I'm high interest, low hope on this. A 4-player Star Trek 4x with a lot borrowed from Stellaris seems like a no-brainer.  :hmm:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: The Brain on June 09, 2023, 02:36:24 AMLooks like a Stellaris expansion. Note: I said "looks like", not "is likely to be".

The captain's voice part didn't sound like it would have made it into a TV show. Not enough energy.
No. We stopped reading after the first part.
PDH!

Crazy_Ivan80

I guess we'll know marginally more on the 16th?

Zanza

New screenshots on Reddit show that this is just an elaborate Stellaris mod. Oh well, if it is well-made that is a solid base.

Barrister

Quote from: Zanza on June 16, 2023, 12:40:12 PMNew screenshots on Reddit show that this is just an elaborate Stellaris mod. Oh well, if it is well-made that is a solid base.

I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with that.  I mean they use the same engine for multiple games.

They can modify the source code so it can/should be more involved than a mere mod, plus having actual rights to make the game should add some extra flair.

I played the heck out of Birth of the Federation, which was honestly a pretty crappy Space 4-X game but it was Star Trek, so I can see me buying this game.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Zanza

Yes, Stellaris is probably the best base they can use.

Tamas

I was on board with using the Paradox engine and the Stellaris base until I saw the mission tree in the trailer. :bleeding: