How to apply for your share of Facebook’s $725 million settlement

Started by viper37, April 22, 2023, 09:15:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

grumbler

Hey, free money.  I think my logon to check my account data was my first logon since 2017 and maybe my fifth overall.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Hamilcar

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: Hamilcar on April 22, 2023, 01:53:55 PMHow much money? $3.50?
If you don't have an American bank account, it's 25$ check with 20$ deposit fees and 10$ conversion fees. ;)

I don't know how much indidivually.

These settlements are usually 10-20$ per people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on April 22, 2023, 04:03:27 PMI actually qualify, but I guess it's not worth the hassle.
Yeah, when it's a Canadian thing, I apply for me and my dad, but with US stuff, I learnt the hard way that there's nothing left once I factored in the conversion fees.  No point lying to get myself some 20-25$ that I can't even cash.

Admiral Yi

If people don't claim, does FB keep it, or do other people get more?

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 23, 2023, 03:24:48 AMIf people don't claim, does FB keep it, or do other people get more?

The settlement funds will be divided between claimants based on the number of years within that time span that they had an account.  The fewer the claimants who bother to claim, the more money for those who do.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!