News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Old Geezer's Thread.

Started by mongers, April 02, 2023, 07:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 06, 2023, 12:18:39 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 06, 2023, 11:21:26 AMBut what about the rainbow flag?  The colours in the flag didn't stand for anything in particular - it just stands for "all the colours".  Which made it a pretty good symbol for what they were trying to express.
I hate to tell you that originally all of the colours had specific meanings and it's the most embarrassing, 70s, San Francisco hippie gay meanings you can imagine - so we've all moved on and don't like to talk about it. Don't look them up :blush: :ph34r:

:lol:

I looked them up.

Okay yes they're pretty cringey, but they at least don't represent specific identities or sexualities which would necessitate adding more colours.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

I don't think I can eat spicy food anymore as much as I still like it.
The acid impact is just too bad.
Had a taco with Algerian sauce yesterday and was drooling like a dog for the rest of the night. Tried to have a beer 2 hours later and just couldn't get it down.

Is that the right thing for this thread? :p
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Got up to pee last night three times.
One time, i thought I was done, but then felt more coming. So I guess that's four times?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on April 07, 2023, 06:39:49 AMGot up to pee last night three times.
One time, i thought I was done, but then felt more coming. So I guess that's four times?

On the same page here. :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Barrister on April 06, 2023, 12:32:23 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 06, 2023, 12:18:39 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 06, 2023, 11:21:26 AMBut what about the rainbow flag?  The colours in the flag didn't stand for anything in particular - it just stands for "all the colours".  Which made it a pretty good symbol for what they were trying to express.
I hate to tell you that originally all of the colours had specific meanings and it's the most embarrassing, 70s, San Francisco hippie gay meanings you can imagine - so we've all moved on and don't like to talk about it. Don't look them up :blush: :ph34r:

:lol:

I looked them up.

Okay yes they're pretty cringey, but they at least don't represent specific identities or sexualities which would necessitate adding more colours.

No need to look them up had you watched Cruising, with Al Pacino.

:P

Sheilbh

That's the handkerchief code, not the rainbow flag :goodboy:
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 07, 2023, 09:33:29 AMThat's the handkerchief code, not the rainbow flag :goodboy:

Takes one to know, of course.
 :D

Caliga

Quote from: mongers on April 07, 2023, 07:07:05 AM
Quote from: Josephus on April 07, 2023, 06:39:49 AMGot up to pee last night three times.

Has your doctor shoved his finger up your asses yet? :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on April 07, 2023, 11:28:13 AMHas your doctor shoved his finger up your asses yet? :)

If your doctor still does that, it's either because he enjoys it, or because he thinks that you enjoy it.  :P
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

HVC

Quote from: grumbler on April 07, 2023, 12:50:42 PM
Quote from: Caliga on April 07, 2023, 11:28:13 AMHas your doctor shoved his finger up your asses yet? :)

If your doctor still does that, it's either because he enjoys it, or because he thinks that you enjoy it.  :P

Aw man, there goes my dinner dates with the doc.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Quote from: Caliga on April 07, 2023, 11:28:13 AM
Quote from: mongers on April 07, 2023, 07:07:05 AM

Has your doctor shoved his finger up your asses yet? :)

No.  Honestly I was hoping she would
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

WTF is a "end-of-life doula practitioner" ?

:olds:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jacob

Never heard the term before, but I'd assume it's someone who specializes in taking care of you as you're about to die.