News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Old Geezer's Thread.

Started by mongers, April 02, 2023, 07:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

The player that's happy is the one who punched the other girl in the face, they stopped talking about her.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on April 04, 2023, 08:58:41 PMThe player that's happy is he one who punched the other girl in the face, they stopped talking about her.

That was someone from a no name school playing in the consolation tournament IIRC.

PDH

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2023, 09:00:01 PMThat was someone from a no name school playing in the consolation tournament IIRC.
So it's situational manners.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Quote from: PDH on April 04, 2023, 09:42:46 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2023, 09:00:01 PMThat was someone from a no name school playing in the consolation tournament IIRC.

How in the world does that follow from what I posted??

PDH

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2023, 09:44:41 PM

It should matter as much as the championship game - manners are manners.  Unless the situation changes the level of importance, that is.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Quote from: PDH on April 04, 2023, 10:08:13 PM

It should matter as much as the championship game - manners are manners.  Unless the situation changes the level of importance, that is.

That's great.  What did I post that led you to think a player sucker punching another in the handshake line doesn't matter?
Quote from: PDH on April 04, 2023, 10:08:13 PM

I got your implied point.  What I didn't get was how you inferred based on anything that I've posted that I don't think a player sucker punching another in the handshake line matters.

HVC

Your post can be read as a dismal of the importance of the act rather than an understanding of the media's lack of interest. I read it the second way, guess PDH read it as the first.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on April 04, 2023, 10:29:48 PMYour post can be read as a dismal of the importance of the act rather than an understanding of the media's lack of interest. I read it the second way, guess PDH read it as the first.

It takes a lot of logical jumps to get there.

Tamas

I haven't clicked any links but seeing this bruhaha around athletes being rude to each other, I recon the participants were of different skin colours.

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on April 05, 2023, 03:16:46 AMI haven't clicked any links but seeing this bruhaha around athletes being rude to each other, I recon the participants were of different skin colours.

The bruhaha is completely manufactured.  It is entirely possible that the dogpile on Reece was because of her skin color.  None of the players thought anything of it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

I was arguing to argue.  This is the old geezer's thread.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Barrister

Quote from: PDH on April 05, 2023, 10:01:25 AMI was arguing to argue.  This is the old geezer's thread.

Get off my lawn.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Maladict

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Look, I'm older than some here, younger than others, but all I can say is that they don't make chocolate malts like they used to.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM