20 (45.5%)
No Change
14 (31.8%)
Less Favorably
10 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 27, 2009, 06:09:54 AM
I thought your view was that anti-Americanism had very little to do with the Bush administration and was actually deeply ingrained.  Maybe someone else, Yi?
Doesn't sound like me.

saskganesh

Quote from: Savonarola on July 24, 2009, 03:25:37 PM
Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2009, 03:19:18 PM
There's been almost no change in US foreign policy since Obama took office. :mellow:

The article says that the boost comes from personal confidence in Obama himself rather than any of his policies.

The Maltese and Vietnamese merchants on my street love the guy. I suspect the Jamaicans and Croats do as well.
humans were created in their own image

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on July 24, 2009, 03:32:22 PM
Style has always played a huge role in the Presidency.  George Washington sure had it.
I'm still angry with him for not allowing himself to be crowned King.  :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on July 27, 2009, 07:01:34 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 24, 2009, 03:32:22 PM
Style has always played a huge role in the Presidency.  George Washington sure had it.
"A light will shine down..."     ;)

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on July 27, 2009, 07:01:34 AM

I keep hearing how he could have been crowned king if he had wanted but I frankly do not buy it.  He probably could have become president for life or something similar but Washington becoming King of America would be roughly equivalent to Publius Valerius Publicola declaring himself King of Rome, the public simply was not going to have another King in the 1780s.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."