News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Finnish parliamentary elections

Started by Solmyr, March 31, 2023, 06:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which party leader would you support?

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Well that's not as bad. Hope he's a better dancer.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Josquius

Sad outcome especially given how well she seemed to be doing
██████
██████
██████

Richard Hakluyt

Its a tough time for incumbents; apolitical people will be noticing the economic problems and possibly incorrectly giving their current government all the blame.

Solmyr

I mean, the Social Democrats actually increased their share, which is extremely unusual for the party of the incumbent PM. However, the other government parties lost pretty badly.

The winner, National Coalition, are not that conservative, they are more of a market liberal, pro-big business, privatize everything and fuck the poor party.

Solmyr

Quote from: HVC on April 03, 2023, 12:40:33 AMWell that's not as bad. Hope he's a better dancer.

He's quite possibly the blandest of the current party leaders. :D

The Larch

So Cat Lady is a left winger? Good to know.  :lol:

Legbiter

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 03, 2023, 02:15:26 AMIts a tough time for incumbents; apolitical people will be noticing the economic problems and possibly incorrectly giving their current government all the blame.

Finnish PMs usually lose elections once in power. She did quite well, hopefully she'll be a FM in the new cabinet.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Sheilbh

Quote from: HVC on April 03, 2023, 12:40:33 AMWell that's not as bad. Hope he's a better dancer.
Although the Finns also had their best every result and came second - but the top three are all within 1% of each other.

Also strong this vibes :lol:
Quotevictoria da silva
@njsilvadyne
every european election:
🔵 The People's Democrats (center-right) - 31%
🔴 Soviet Worker's Party (center/center-left) - 22%
⚫️ Citizen's Forum (fascist) - 19%
🟠 Wow! (center) - 11%
🟣 Friendship Is Magic (left) - 9%
🟢 Green Party - 8%
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 03, 2023, 06:48:34 AM
Although the Finns also had their best every result and came second - but the top three are all within 1% of each other.

Also strong this vibes :lol:
Quotevictoria da silva
@njsilvadyne
every european election:
🔵 The People's Democrats (center-right) - 31%
🔴 Soviet Worker's Party (center/center-left) - 22%
⚫️ Citizen's Forum (fascist) - 19%
🟠 Wow! (center) - 11%
🟣 Friendship Is Magic (left) - 9%
🟢 Green Party - 8%

It needs a "True Worker's Party" at 3% or something.  :P

Sheilbh

Wow! just makes me think of Renzi (although on 2% not 11%) :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

The Soviet Workers Party being center/center-left  :lmfao:

It's true though.

So long as the winners of this election also like NATO and hate Russia I am good.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

It is a weird thing when your party gains seats and support and yet loses the election anyway.

HVC

Coalitions make things complicated