News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Finnish parliamentary elections

Started by Solmyr, March 31, 2023, 06:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which party leader would you support?

Zoupa

1,5,6 are in my "would" category. Voted Sanna of course.

The Minsky Moment

I appreciate that #3 is trying to be even handed, but he can't seem to stop himself from tilting to the right.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

viper37

Sana Marin.
For a center left politician, she is grounded, she appreciates real music, she has taken a real leadership position in the Ukraine War and is not taking Russia lightly hiding behind "peace".  Finland is in a solid position now having joined NATO.

If all center left politicians were like her, I might be leftist too.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Normally I would cast a joke vote for Smashing Pumpkins or Penn and Teller but the incumbent is too strong.

Solmyr

Languish clearly supports the current government. :D

mongers

Quote from: Solmyr on April 01, 2023, 07:52:46 AMLanguish clearly supports the current government. :D

It maybe also that some of can't get to the bottom of the long list of enormous photos, so choose one of the early options. :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Larch

Quote from: mongers on April 01, 2023, 09:58:18 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on April 01, 2023, 07:52:46 AMLanguish clearly supports the current government. :D

It maybe also that some of can't get to the bottom of the long list of enormous photos, so choose one of the early options. :D

Or we just fancy Mrs. Marin.  :P

Legbiter

Today is election day. Will be interesting.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Solmyr

Votes are being tallied now (I was working in an election committee all day). Firm results probably late today or early tomorrow. Anyway, here are the people I included in this poll:

1. Sanna Marin, Social Democrats (center-left, current PM)
2. Riikka Purra, The Finns (far right/nationalist)
3. Petteri Orpo, National Coalition(center-right with both conservatives and liberals)
4. Annika Saarikko, Center Party
5. Li Andersson, Left Alliance (mainstream leftist party)
6. Maria Ohisalo, Green Party (liberal, somewhat left-leaning but with some right-leaning members)
7. Anna-Maja Henriksson, Swedish People's Party (these days fairly liberal)
8. Sari Essayah, Christian Democrats (super conservatives)
9. Harry "Hjallis" Harkimo, Movement Now (liberal center-right, tiny party centered around its leader)
10. Lassi Kivinen, Liberal Party (market liberals)
11. Pekka Mustonen, Pirate Party (nerds - as I mentioned he and the previous guy would fit well on Languish :D )
12. Tuukka Kuru, Blue-Blacks (fascists, one of the newest registered parties - they are racists and open about it)
13. Ano Turtiainen, Power Belongs to the People (crazy Putin fanboys, anti-NATO/antivaxxers/conspiracy theorists)

Right now it looks like the National Coalition is the biggest, followed by The Finns and then the Social Democrats. All three got more places at the expense of the smaller parties: Center Party, Greens and the Left Alliance are losing a bunch of places.

Projected new government is either "blue-red" (National Coalition, Social Democrats, Greens, Swedes) or dank conservative (National Coalition, The Finns, Christian Democrats).

Josquius

Very surprised weird beard guy is the liberal.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Why do y'all need eight liberal parties?

Solmyr

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 02, 2023, 04:53:02 PMWhy do y'all need eight liberal parties?

We are very liberal like that.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Josquius on April 02, 2023, 04:21:19 PMVery surprised weird beard guy is the liberal.
Don't know. Not a million miles away from my mental image of "actually I'm a classical liberal" guys online   :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Legbiter

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 02, 2023, 05:01:07 PMDon't know. Not a million miles away from my mental image of "actually I'm a classical liberal" guys online   :ph34r:

Redditor...
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Iormlund

So #3 rapped his way to victory. Will miss Mrs. Marin.