News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Finnish parliamentary elections

Started by Solmyr, March 31, 2023, 06:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which party leader would you support?

Solmyr

The Finnish parliamentary elections are coming up on Sunday and will determine our government for the next 4 years. The current center-left government led by Sanna Marin (first one in the poll above) and having a lot of female ministers has become somewhat famous around the world. Next one might be quite different. The poll includes leaders of all major and the more prominent minor parties. Cast your votes!

Bonus memey picture from one of the election debates!

grumbler

I think the PM is doing fine, but voted Catwoman because supervillain.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Threviel

Sanna Marin have been most impressive handling the Ukrainian war. Compared to the assclowns ruling Sweden she has very much been the sober adult in the room.

She also fills the normal Languish standard when it comes to politicians, so my vote goes to her.

Sheilbh

Obviously the woman with a sandpit.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Well this is unusual since I actually know who one of the candidates is  :P

Voted current pro-NATO government.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Savonarola

I went with #9, I'm pretty sure he threw his right eye down Mimir's Well in order to gain wisdom.  That's the sort of sacrifice far too few politicians are willing to make.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Ten and Eleven are scarey, looked to have spent way too much of their time posting on the internet.

Otherwise not too bother, the current PM will have done marvelously to have Finland (and poss.Sweden) ensconced within NATO by the end of her term.

France and the UK should consider a revival of a Finish support intervention force, maybe also bring in the anglo-Dutch marine force and make it a duel role of suporting Norway and Finland whilst 'threatening' Russias far north (naval ports) ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Solmyr

Quote from: mongers on March 31, 2023, 08:48:31 AMTen and Eleven are scarey, looked to have spent way too much of their time posting on the internet.

Those two guys would probably fit on Languish quite well. :D

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: grumbler on March 31, 2023, 06:59:58 AMI think the PM is doing fine, but voted Catwoman because supervillain.

—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

I voted for the PM with a known party record.  :ph34r:

I see that Finnish male politicians favour wacky goatees.

Duque de Bragança