News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Paradox Announcement

Started by Josephus, February 28, 2023, 09:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipwich

A civlike where you choose to incorporate fantasy/-punk elements as a gamepleay choice

Tamas

Quote from: chipwich on September 19, 2023, 07:59:23 PMA civlike where you choose to incorporate fantasy/-punk elements as a gamepleay choice

I am afraid the steampunk thing with the zeppelin-ship is coming for Victoria 3.

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on September 20, 2023, 06:17:44 AM
Quote from: chipwich on September 19, 2023, 07:59:23 PMA civlike where you choose to incorporate fantasy/-punk elements as a gamepleay choice

I am afraid the steampunk thing with the zeppelin-ship is coming for Victoria 3.

The steampunk mod for Civ 2 was absolutely great.  Steampunk should always be a player option in these games, not base game, though.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

chipwich

That picture is not a Zeppelin, it is a fantasy boat on a balloon.

That said Zeppelins barely feature in V3 and I'd appreciate a zeppelin LDC.

Syt

Next teaser:

(German troops with a faux-Sherman looks just wrong; like a 1960s WW2 movie :P )
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: chipwich on September 20, 2023, 01:54:40 PM

That picture is not a Zeppelin, it is a fantasy boat on a balloon.

That said Zeppelins barely feature in V3 and I'd appreciate a zeppelin LDC.

Maybe even a led zeppelin...

Syt

Final teaser:

All lines combined:

QuoteThe dawn rises on the beginning of Human society...

...people bowed to the reign of kings and queens...

...with legends ushering in a new age of heroes...

...The Renaissance unlocked new ways of thinking...

...allowing many to rise above what was thought possible...

...to triumph over those who rallied against you...

...culminating in millennia of history.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Habbaku

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1268590/Millennia/

New turn-based 4X stretching into the future. Looks very similar to Old World.

I'm pretty skeptical.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

Carefully optimistic.

Ever since original Civ: Call to Power 1 stretched its 4X to to 3000 AD with a hypothetical "future history" I've been hoping someone would try that again (they tried a lot more to shake up the formula, some good , some bad, but few have tried to tweak it as much since then).

Also, I like that they let you customize your civ as you play, picking traits/modifiers as you move along. Kind of what I hoped Humankind would do as a way of civs being hard locked into certain play styles.

Curious about what their "deep economy" will look like.

I like this: "Variant and Crisis Ages feature unique alternatives, introducing everything from Cloud Estates in the Age of Aether to underwater cities in the Age of Utopia" - it seems you can eschew the "normal" steam age in favor of steampunk in certain conditions? Yes, please! (Unless it becomes a no-brainer choice.)

Fingers crossed this will a success like Age of Wonders 4 and not a dud like Empire of Sun. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Also, after dethroning Sim City they're going after The Sims and Civ now. Can't fault their ambition. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: Syt on September 21, 2023, 10:26:01 AMAlso, after dethroning Sim City they're going after The Sims and Civ now. Can't fault their ambition. :P

Life By You looks like butt
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

So far yes. Not really followed it much, but it seems their main selling point is making it a lot more moddable than The Sims?
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on September 21, 2023, 12:07:23 PMSo far yes. Not really followed it much, but it seems their main selling point is making it a lot more moddable than The Sims?
Ie. P0rn?
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Josquius on September 21, 2023, 02:46:33 PM
Quote from: Syt on September 21, 2023, 12:07:23 PMSo far yes. Not really followed it much, but it seems their main selling point is making it a lot more moddable than The Sims?
Ie. P0rn?

That does seem like the first thing to come to mind, doesn't it...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

Quote from: chipwich on September 20, 2023, 01:54:40 PMThat said Zeppelins barely feature in V3 and I'd appreciate a zeppelin LDC.

I was amused by the fact that the "build zeppelins" mission timed out in the early 1870s, more than 20 years before they ever appeared IRL.  Even later, Zeppelins are never worth the research cost.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!