And we're back!

Main Menu

Paradox Announcement

Started by Josephus, February 28, 2023, 09:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Cavemen tribes DOWing each other and then settling for white peace. 😁
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Jacob on September 15, 2023, 04:26:19 PM"The dawn rises on the beginnings of human society..."

My guess is some sort of civilization scope game - start your civ and grow it through the ages.

Alternately, a dawn of civilization era Paradox standard Clausewitz engine game somewhere in the 3,000 BCE to 0 CE range.
Neolithic to Bronze Age perhaps?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

This seems to be in development from C Prompt Games with Paradox as publisher. Someone on Reddit found a Twitter account called "Millennia", followed only by Paradox and C Prompt.

https://www.cpromptgames.com/new-page

"We're creating an epic new strategy franchise!"

There's three pieces of concept art on the page, which may or may not be relevant to the game, but one is also in the YouTube link's "waiting" screen.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

QuoteC Prompt Games is an independent studio founded by Robert Fermier and Ian M. Fischer, now joined by veteran Art Director Brian Sousa.

Our leadership includes experienced developers who have worked on or led the creation of some of your favorite games, including System Shock 2, Age of Mythology, Age of Empires 2: The Age of Kings, Orcs Must Die, StarCraft, Diablo, and WarCraft.   

We love deep games with systems-based designs, high degrees of replayability, and strong emergent narrative – we want you to create your own stories as you play.

With that kind of pedigree - an RTS, maybe in the style of Empire Earth or Rise of Nations?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Jacob

The concept art suggests neolithic start, ending with slightly futuristic underwater cities (presumably due to climate change).

The Minsky Moment

Ayn Rand's Civilization?

BioShock: Bronze Age?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tamas

If it's an RTS I am not going to bother. I have fond memories of Empire Earth LAN sessions at work but I just can't get into RTSes anymore.

PRC

Quote from: Jacob on September 18, 2023, 11:58:57 AMThe concept art suggests neolithic start, ending with slightly futuristic underwater cities (presumably due to climate change).

On the underwater city.. could also be a nod to an ancient Atlantis.

Jacob

Quote from: PRC on September 19, 2023, 11:08:18 AMOn the underwater city.. could also be a nod to an ancient Atlantis.

Could be... though it's funny that Atlantis would have English language signs for their hotels.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on September 19, 2023, 12:24:14 PM
Quote from: PRC on September 19, 2023, 11:08:18 AMOn the underwater city.. could also be a nod to an ancient Atlantis.

Could be... though it's funny that Atlantis would have English language signs for their hotels.

Next you are going to tell me Jesus was not White  :rolleyes:

Syt

Overlooked another piece of art on the devs' website. It showed up in today's teaser (there's been teaser posts from CK3, AOW, EU4, and V3 so far, with HoI4 and Stellaris still to come.

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

The teasers so far:

The text on the images in total so far:

The dawn rises on the beginning of Human society ...
... people bowed to the reign of kings and queens ...
... (Time spins on) with legends ushering in a new age of heroes ...
... the Renaissance unlocked new ways of thinking ...
... allowing many to rise above what was thought possible ...
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

This is starting to remind me of Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rise_of_Nations:_Rise_of_Legends
(unlike Rise of Nations not available for purchase digitally)
—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Quote from: Syt on September 19, 2023, 03:03:37 PMThis is starting to remind me of Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rise_of_Nations:_Rise_of_Legends
(unlike Rise of Nations not available for purchase digitally)

Odd  that.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"