News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

You Become a Refugee.

Started by mongers, February 11, 2023, 08:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Disaster strikes and you and/or your family become refugees.

What do you take, where do you go and with whom?

Imagine the most likely scenario in your region/location that would force you to have to suddenly flee, what might that be and what would the long term ramification be for you?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

Texas. It could really use an influx of 6 millions french speaking people.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Iowa.  I'm sure Yi would take me in.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on February 11, 2023, 11:01:47 PMIowa.  I'm sure Yi would take me in.

Plenty of room.

But the only local event that could plausibly turn me into a refugee is a civil war, and Iowa wouldn't be any better than Missourah.  Well, maybe not quite as bad.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: mongers on February 11, 2023, 08:40:09 PMDisaster strikes and you and/or your family become refugees.

What do you take, where do you go and with whom?

Imagine the most likely scenario in your region/location that would force you to have to suddenly flee, what might that be and what would the long term ramification be for you?

I take nothing other than essentials.

I of course take my wife and kids.

I flee to Manitoba.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Richard Hakluyt

Phone, book of passwords and ID. I take my family of course and we flee to our relatives in Scotland; if Scotland is totally buggered too then it would have to be Canada (again relatives).

Legbiter

Norway.

If Europe and North America is totally fucked then Japan.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Josquius

Switzerland, though less than ideal, is pretty open to me.

Assuming Europe is off limits it probably would have to be canada.
██████
██████
██████

Threviel

Seeing as the most likely scenario would be a Russian attack before we join Nato I'd go to Denmark. If Nato is involved I guess I'll go to Spain, if they get that far I might as well start studying Russian.

Sheilbh

Most displaced people are internally displaced so probably the far North of Scotland, if out of the country then Ireland (both family and friends).
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

If disaster strikes the Southwest B.C., SouthEast BC here I cone.

Tonitrus

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 12, 2023, 08:44:24 AMIf disaster strikes the Southwest B.C., SouthEast BC here I cone.

Prince Rupert and the Hazelton area seemed nice.  :(

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 12, 2023, 10:49:48 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 12, 2023, 08:44:24 AMIf disaster strikes the Southwest B.C., SouthEast BC here I cone.

Prince Rupert and the Hazelton area seemed nice.  :(

Also nice options