News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Eurovision 2023 - Liverpool

Started by celedhring, February 05, 2023, 11:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Of course his commentary wasnt as biting, his nation and he himself were hosting.

celedhring

Still disappointed by our choice of entry. When you think what could've been  :cry:

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on May 14, 2023, 03:06:41 AMOf course his commentary wasnt as biting, his nation and he himself were hosting.

They were in Ireland? :unsure:

:P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

OK his employer's nation then. :p

Grey Fox

I wish I could get some of that commentary. Going to have to look into that for next year since the YouTube streams don't include that.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

Does he still use that running joke where every time they show the Eiffel Tower on the background of a French talking head he wonders where they are?

Sheilbh

After a brief reprise last year for two of its members, good to see the UK/Span/Germany death pact going as strong as ever :lol:

Also absolutely love that the Aussie singer's day job is as an immigration lawyer who spoke to the BBC about the Djokovic case:

I think Norton is far, far better at commentating Eurovision because I think he genuinely likes it. By the end Wogan was pretty acid about it which is probably not the best place to commentate from. Although I did always love Wogan at the time, "who knows what hellish future lies ahead? Actually, I do. I've seen the rehearsals."
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

I'm surprised at Germanys last place tbh. Was clear it wasn't going to win, Lordi was a one off and they didn't do metal screams, but it was alright.
Certainly much better than the myriad of generic songs. How Israel and Italy performed so well I don't know.

France was interesting too. Sort of old school classic French pop from the days where such was cool mixed with disco. Quite catchy. But all the francophones I know hate it :lol:
██████
██████
██████

Legbiter

Quote from: Josquius on May 14, 2023, 10:28:06 AMI'm surprised at Germanys last place tbh. Was clear it wasn't going to win, Lordi was a one off and they didn't do metal screams, but it was alright.

Should have sung it in German. :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josquius on May 14, 2023, 10:28:06 AMI'm surprised at Germanys last place tbh. Was clear it wasn't going to win, Lordi was a one off and they didn't do metal screams, but it was alright.
Certainly much better than the myriad of generic songs. How Israel and Italy performed so well I don't know.

France was interesting too. Sort of old school classic French pop from the days where such was cool mixed with disco. Quite catchy. But all the francophones I know hate it :lol:

Yeah. You could switch Italy & France songs I wouldn't know which was which.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

France got my vote :lol: :ph34r:

Italy always does well but I think (with the exception of Maneskin) can be a bit samey. I wonder if it's the benefit and the cost of picking Eurovision through San Remo? :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

I know Loreen was the far and away favorite, but it is such a generic Eurovision song.

I voted Finland, but I thought this year's lineup was the weakest in a while. Lots of generic Eurovision songs and even the madness bits felt a bit derivative.

mongers

So what's the over/under on Sweden just nominating ABBA as their entry next year, and the whole show just becoming a formality before their crowning in Stockholm?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

I put it forth that next year the UK should present a song sung in Swedish.
As a sort of thanks/butt lick to Sweden for always singing English.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

BTW I appreciate how via the "professional" jury votes they keep alive the tradition of votes visibly being cast entirely on ethnic and political grounds.  :D