News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Winter is staying

Started by viper37, February 02, 2023, 11:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

Today in things I've never had reason to give any thought I learned a groundhog is a marmot.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Josquius on February 03, 2023, 04:16:56 AMToday in things I've never had reason to give any thought I learned a groundhog is a marmot.

A ground hog makes marmit, you say? :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

When I was visiting Salzburg years ago, they sold Murmeltiersalbe in many shops (groundhog/marmot ointment).

We thought it was just a silly name and joked "made from real groundhogs!" :lol:

Turns out it's made from groundhog fat. :ph34r:

(Apparently the groundhog's diet of mountain herbs etc. makes its fat rich in cortisone and its fat makes a good basis for a salve you put on sore muscles and joints - I'm not a doctor, so no idea.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

mmmm marmalade, I love marmalade
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 03, 2023, 12:10:58 PMThanks Quebec
Oh, you don't have to worry about anything over there, where you are. :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.