News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2023

Started by mongers, January 03, 2023, 10:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Weight training continues.  And introducing more hip mobility movements into my warmups.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Maladict on October 23, 2023, 04:22:41 AMSeason's over for me, on to 2024. Crossed the Alps on foot, which is up there with the toughest things I've done. So this year hasn't been a total loss.

How many of your elephants survived, oh Hannibal?

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on October 23, 2023, 04:22:41 AMSeason's over for me, on to 2024. Crossed the Alps on foot, which is up there with the toughest things I've done. So this year hasn't been a total loss.

:cool:

Wow Mal, that's one epic trek.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on October 23, 2023, 07:58:39 AM

I did think about that at the time, although Hannibal's route (wherever it may have been) was nowhere near mine. I'm not sure how adept elephants are at climbing but some stretches would certainly not have accomodated an elephant. And keeping them fed is a whole other challenge.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Maladict on October 23, 2023, 12:03:46 PM

I did think about that at the time, although Hannibal's route (wherever it may have been) was nowhere near mine. I'm not sure how adept elephants are at climbing but some stretches would certainly not have accomodated an elephant. And keeping them fed is a whole other challenge.

Did you succeed in catching the Romans by surprise?

Maladict

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 23, 2023, 12:53:54 PM
Quote from: Maladict on October 23, 2023, 12:03:46 PM

Did you succeed in catching the Romans by surprise?

The border was entirely undefended but sadly they were alerted by the sound of geese marmots.

crazy canuck

Before this thread closes for the year.  New PB today for deadlift at 255.

Zanza

Lost more than 10 kg this year, changed to a mostly vegetarian diet and ran quite bit. I am satisfied.  :)

crazy canuck

Quote from: Zanza on December 06, 2023, 12:34:38 PMLost more than 10 kg this year, changed to a mostly vegetarian diet and ran quite bit. I am satisfied.  :)

That is excellent!

Josquius

I should do that weight  over the past 8 years graph I've been meaning to get onto.
This year does seem to have been a general down trend as opposed to last. Started the year at my heaviest ever over 90,with my long standing goal, back below 80,more out of reach then ever.
I'm planning to get my garage door fixed soon so cycling becomes more practical again.
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

Quote from: Zanza on December 06, 2023, 12:34:38 PMLost more than 10 kg this year, changed to a mostly vegetarian diet and ran quite bit. I am satisfied.  :)

:cheers:

celedhring

I''ve lost 2 Kg this year. It may not look like much, but it's always been very very hard for me to get under 102 Kg. This is my lowest bodyweight since roughly the early 2010s - and given that I had way less muscle mass back then, I'm actually less fat.

The key has been stepping up cardio - I'm doing 2 cardio only days a week now, in addition to my regular weightlifting workouts (that also feature some cardio). I've actually lost these 2 Kgs since I started doing that in the last 3 months.

Christmas will be a bit of a bump on the road, but goal for 2024 is to finally get under 100 Kg.

Gups

I've dropped 7kg this year - down to 78kg (I'm about 1.78m), although I've stalled the last three months. If I can get down to 75kg and stick to it, I'll be happy.

I'm much fitter than this time last year 10k runs and 80k cycles are fine but should do some more upper body resistance.   My biggest health issue is booze, specifically wine. I drink about 6 bottles a week, which is at least twice as much as I ought to.

Razgovory

Quote from: Razgovory on May 20, 2023, 06:39:39 PMI've lost 25 pounds this year simply by eating bagels.
Found them!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017