News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Breakfast

Started by Threviel, December 26, 2022, 02:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Threviel

We're all old geezers and I got to thinking about how we do breakfast. What do you eat and how do you prepare it?

I'll start: If I work at home I eat a crispbread with margarine, an egg and some smoked salted cod roe with a cup of coffee. me and the wife eat breakfast together after she's sen the kids to school.

If I go into the office I bring some home baked rye bread with margarine and cheese and have a cup of coffee in front of the computer.

celedhring

Chocolate milk or cafe au lait, depending on how I feel about my caffeine intake needs. Then I usually prepare myself a sandwich - here I kinda rotate among several fillings/styles/breads. I.e. today I had grilled cheese, tomorrow I'll probably do tomato (Catalan-style) with salchichón, etc...

Josquius

I don't. Tea and a biscuit maybe.
Though full English is great I don't have the inclination to put in so much effort myself especially at 7am.

I value extra hours of sleep.

I guess if I'm out and about, which is rare these days, I might pick up a sausage sandwich.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

I usually skip breakfast.

One of the minor tragedies of covid is the disappearance of buffets.  I loved chowing down on breakfast/brunch buffets.  Four sausage patties, six strips of bacon (the Murican type), a pile of scrambled eggs, some hash browns.  A couple bites of fruit for show.

Zanza

During the week typically yogurt with oats and a coffee. Sometimes Müsli.

On the weekend, we spend more time. Typical variations include pancakes, overnight oats, porridge, rolls with cheese, jam, cold cuts. Maybe once every other month it's Weißwurst, a typical Bavarian breakfast.

Syt

Müsli, eggs, juice, and coffee.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

Quote from: Syt on December 26, 2022, 03:57:20 PMMüsli, eggs, juice, and coffee.
I just thought about anything specifically Austrian for breakfast but could not think of anything. Maybe some coffee variants. Is there anything?  :huh: 

Sheilbh

Generally nothing, just a coffee. At the weekend/non-working days smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on toast (or muffins) or kippers, orange juice and coffee.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Every morning 125g* of cereal, either granola, muesli, wheaties or branflakes, + 150-200g of full milk. Also orange squash for the water, I can't drink fruit juices + a mug of instant coffee.

Doesn't take long and means I don't have to think about cooking anything.

* I need this much as it'll last me through to the evening meal, as I never have lunch either out or at home. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HVC

Is musli just granola?

I'm not really a breakfast person, but if i do eat I have granola and yogurt.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Gups

Generally toast. Usually with peanut butter, sometime marmalade or marmite. Two mugs of tea.

At the office alternate between cereal or a bacon or sausage sandwich.

Grey Fox

I have a bowl of yogurt with muesli almost every day. I accompany it with either toats or a bagel. Cream cheese or American cheese are also a staples.

On Saturdays, I cook full English breakfast for my family.
On Sundays, I cook crepes for my family.

I'm big on food rituals to build rapport between family members.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 26, 2022, 06:41:34 PMOn Saturdays, I cook full English breakfast for my family.

Are you sure this is what you mean?  Like with the baked beans and that weird looking sausage?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 26, 2022, 06:42:57 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 26, 2022, 06:41:34 PMOn Saturdays, I cook full English breakfast for my family.

Are you sure this is what you mean?  Like with the baked beans and that weird looking sausage?

Yes. I don't have the weird sausage every week, that would probably kill us. I don't fry the toasts because that's disgusting. It also includes a lot more maple syrup than what people in England probably do.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Two eggs, protein shake, coffee, and either a small apple or orange. That's my breakfast.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."