News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dead Pool 2023

Started by Josephus, December 26, 2022, 06:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Gordon Pinsent, Canadian actor, dead at 92

I thought he was younger than that.  I'm getting old.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Maladict

The Larch

It seems that Tom Sizemore will soon join this year's list.

Quote'No further hope' for Tom Sizemore after brain aneurysm, actor's family says
A representative for the Saving Private Ryan and Heat actor confirmed his family is deciding end-of-life matters, 10 days after he was hospitalised

Tom Sizemore has no hope of recovery after he suffered a brain aneurysm, his family has said, confirming they are making an end-of-life decision for the Saving Private Ryan actor.

The 61-year-old has been in a coma in the intensive care unit of Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Los Angeles since he was hospitalised on 18 February.

On Monday night, Sizemore's representative, Charles Lago, issued a statement revealing that there was no chance for his recovery.

"Today doctors informed his family that there is no further hope and have recommended end of life decision. The family is now deciding end of life matters and a further statement will be issued on Wednesday," Lago said.

"We are asking for privacy for his family during this difficult time, and they wish to thank everyone for the hundreds of messages of support and prayers that have been received," he added. "This has been a difficult time for them."

Sizemore, who has acted in films including Saving Private Ryan, Heat and Black Hawk Down, was found unconscious at his LA home around 2am on 18 February, having collapsed following a stroke.

Josquius

First Lilly Savage now Dame Edna. 2023 keeps taking drag queens.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Jamie Foxx is still in the hospital, which can't be a great sign.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jacob

Harry Belafonte, 96

I did not realize how great an impact Belafonte had, knowing him primarily from his appearance on the Muppet Show.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on April 25, 2023, 11:43:58 AMHarry Belafonte, 96

I did not realize how great an impact Belafonte had, knowing him primarily from his appearance on the Muppet Show.

Yeah one of the things I had once known, but since forgot, was that Bellafonte personally financed a great deal of MLK's Civil Rights Movement.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

I had a brief interaction with him back in the early 90s.  I was working a summer job with customs at the airport when he came through with all the people in his show. 

The thing that struck me immediately was he was travelled with everyone in his show.  He didn't leave the secured customs area until he was sure everyone was ok.  He was the last of his group to leave. Even though he was the first to clear customs.  I was struck by the care and responsibility he took for the wellbeing of those around him.

I later took in his concert.  Which was amazing.

The most difficult thing for me, while he was in customs, is not blurting out "I am a fan!"

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 27, 2023, 03:24:54 PM

I had a brief interaction with him back in the early 90s.  I was working a summer job with customs at the airport when he came through with all the people in his show. 

The thing that struck me immediately was he was travelled with everyone in his show.  He didn't leave the secured customs area until he was sure everyone was ok.  He was the last of his group to leave. Even though he was the first to clear customs.  I was struck by the care and responsibility he took for the wellbeing of those around him.

I later took in his concert.  Which was amazing.

The most difficult thing for me, while he was in customs, is not blurting out "I am a fan!"

Nice story, thanks CC.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 02, 2023, 12:05:39 AMGordon Lightfoot 84

I'll raise a glass to his memory and his music.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 02, 2023, 12:05:39 AMGordon Lightfoot 84

Lots of fond memories of his music.  It wasn't dance music, not least because you couldn't stop listening to his lyrics long enough to concentrate on dancing.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

RIP Jim Brown.  An extraordinary person.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!