And we're back!

Main Menu

Dead Pool 2023

Started by Josephus, December 26, 2022, 06:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on August 31, 2023, 07:57:38 AM
Quote from: Syt on August 31, 2023, 12:53:11 AMRIP Terry Funk. Still amazed this crazy bastard made it to age 79.
Yeah, for a wrestler that's like living to 150 if he were a normal person.  Dudes wear their bodies out so fast. :(

He did crazy hardcore matches (fire, thumbtacks, barbed wire, baseball bats .... ), but I don't think he juiced, unlike others, which may have played a role. Though I recall in the Beyond The Mat documentary from the 90s he was obviously having a lot of wear and tear in joints and bones, so I guess painkillers may have been on the menu (another very common abuse item in professional wrestling).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

Jimmy Buffett has passed away
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Legbiter

Quote from: Caliga on September 02, 2023, 05:45:07 AM:cry: Loved his concerts.

Thank you for the Jimmy Buffet AAR Cal back in the day. I'd never have heard of him if not for your anthropology tour.  :thumbsup:  :cheers:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Legbiter on September 02, 2023, 08:49:22 PMThank you for the Jimmy Buffet AAR Cal back in the day. I'd never have heard of him if not for your anthropology tour.  :thumbsup:  :cheers:
:cool: No problem bro.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on September 02, 2023, 05:45:07 AM:cry: Loved his concerts.
He's wasting away in Morgue-aritaville now.  :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Tonitrus

He really is a Cheeseburgers in Paradise now...

Syt

RIP David McCallum from ... too much to list here.

First came across him as a kid when I saw him in The Invisible Man and The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

:(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on September 26, 2023, 12:22:57 AMRIP David McCallum from ... too much to list here.

First came across him as a kid when I saw him in The Invisible Man and The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

He's made his Great Escape  :(
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

grumbler

:(   I haven't seen most of his shows, but he was a very memorable character in everything I saw him in.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!