News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dead Pool 2023

Started by Josephus, December 26, 2022, 06:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

A green pioneer ahead of her time  :bowler:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

Quote from: HVC on June 14, 2023, 10:35:46 AMA green pioneer ahead of her time  :bowler:
Just like Genghis Khan.  🇲🇳
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Don't know much of Thatcher policies.  Way before my time, never studies much other countries modern politics before my time.

But, a quick look into it, unions were paralyzing the country and the UK had to borrow three time to the IMF in the previous years under the previous government.

Maybe she didn't fix things properly.  But I don't think the left's policies were working.

It seems like Canada, where people blame the Conservative for selling Crown societies, while in fact, it was because of Trudeau's Liberal mismanagement that they had no choice doing that.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Quote from: mongers on June 15, 2023, 06:04:19 AMRIP Glenda Jackson. :(
Yes. Very sad. Wonderful actress, great MP :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

mongers

RIP Julian Sands, remains found in area where he disappeared in back in January; guess he might have had some consolation  as he was doing what he loved, hiking.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

The Warlock has finally died. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

So is The Warlock of Firetop Mountain, to be fair.

Grabbed a French special edition for 1 € the other day, at a second-hand bookstore.

Caliga

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould