merithyn

It's like you don't know me at all, Jos. :(
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote from: Josquius on December 30, 2022, 10:27:43 AM
Quote from: merithyn on December 25, 2022, 11:37:57 PMLoot: slippers, glass straws, candy, electric lighter, and parental guilt

Next year I'm running away to the UK. Fuck this shit.

Wait wait wait. Running TO the UK? :unsure:

Lots of people do. People like to move to the UK. It's like the Brits insistence that Britain sucks isn't true. :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tonitrus

I rather liked it there.  :sleep:

Richard Hakluyt

We tried our best...Brexit, English football fans, elected the pack of mendacious wankers that call themselves our government...but we are still unaccountably popular  :weep:

Josquius

Just don't get sick.
Or expect a particular thing at a supermarket.
 :ph34r:
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Why not run to an EU country? :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on January 04, 2023, 02:29:46 AMWe tried our best...Brexit, English football fans, elected the pack of mendacious wankers that call themselves our government...but we are still unaccountably popular  :weep:

Well look around the world and see what the rest of the countries are doing. Sometimes you just have to be the least moldy bit of toast  :P

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

HVC

Your main fault is you speak English, the worlds second language. You can blame the states :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

Quote from: HVC on January 04, 2023, 10:28:13 AMYour main fault is you speak English, the worlds second language. You can blame the states :P
Yes. Always think of that Bismarck line that the most important fact of the 20th century is that the US speaks English. I think it's still one of the most important facts from a British perspective and explains a lot about Britain.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 04, 2023, 10:36:55 AM
Quote from: HVC on January 04, 2023, 10:28:13 AMYour main fault is you speak English, the worlds second language. You can blame the states :P
Yes. Always think of that Bismarck line that the most important fact of the 20th century is that the US speaks English. I think it's still one of the most important facts from a British perspective and explains a lot about Britain.

India also speaks English. So does lots of Africa. So nice job evil empire.

The past and the future seem secure for English as the world's second language.

merithyn

Quote from: Josquius on January 04, 2023, 05:10:56 AMJust don't get sick.
Or expect a particular thing at a supermarket.
 :ph34r:

Last time I was there, I came home with the worst virus I've ever had.  (Likely COVID before anyone knew what COVID was.) I still want to go back. :)

merithyn

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on January 05, 2023, 06:01:20 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on January 04, 2023, 02:08:36 AMI rather liked it there.  :sleep:

Fancy a winter holiday in Wales? :)

I'm having a day trip to Cardiff the week after next, weather and rail strikes permitting.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 04, 2023, 10:36:55 AM

Yeah I have to say the key factor in me moving to Britain in particular was that I already had to learn the lanugae to pursue my nerdy hobbies. :p