News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What's your default drink?

Started by Josquius, December 23, 2022, 07:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

When offered at someone's house what would you have?

Tea. Black
1 (4.2%)
Tea. Milk.
2 (8.3%)
Tea. Sugar.
0 (0%)
Tea. Milk+ Sugar
0 (0%)
Coffee. Black
11 (45.8%)
Coffee. Milk
3 (12.5%)
Coffee. Sugar
1 (4.2%)
Coffee. Milk + sugar.
3 (12.5%)
Green tea
0 (0%)
Tea. But with something odd.
1 (4.2%)
Coffee. But with something odd.
0 (0%)
In my country a default choice is also _______________
0 (0%)
I refuse to drink something anyone else offers. What if its poison?
1 (4.2%)
geoihjgwioj hbwoibjwipobjkwpojgbpowj wpohjwpojhpowj
1 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

HVC

Coffee sugar if I have a morning beverage besides water. Although I rarely drink coffee.

Also, tea with milk is weird unless it's cold and served with tapioca inside :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Maladict

Black coffee. Tea only when I'm ill.

Grey Fox

Coffee with Milk & Sugar. Altho, I carry water with me like I carry my cellphone. I am never without hydration.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

I'll normally go for tea (with milk) in the UK because I'm a coffee snob and don't want instant :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Sheilbh

Quote from: HVC on December 23, 2022, 07:30:49 AMAlso, tea with milk is weird unless it's cold and served with tapioca inside :P
Tell that to the Indian subcontinent :P

I always love that map of whether you call it something like chai means you got it through land routes or tea which means it came via sea. Up there with the Mongols spreading dumplings.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 23, 2022, 07:42:22 AMCoffee with Milk & Sugar. Altho, I carry water with me like I carry my cellphone. I am never without hydration.

It's weird the only other hydration-obsessed guy I have encountered (some YouTube guy) was also Canadian. One would thing it would be more of a thing in more arid climates.

Gups

Tea, splash of milk. 6 mugs a day.

mongers

4 mugs of coffee a day (instant, because I'm a tea snob), one pot of tea a day, orange squash morning and evening, plenty of water, no alcohol for no particular reason.

No carbonated fizzy drinks, unless in extremis I'm suffering caffeine withdrawl when I'm out.

Generally not fruit juices as, there's too much sugars in them for me.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HVC

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 23, 2022, 08:14:27 AM
Quote from: HVC on December 23, 2022, 07:30:49 AMAlso, tea with milk is weird unless it's cold and served with tapioca inside :P
Tell that to the Indian subcontinent :P

I always love that map of whether you call it something like chai means you got it through land routes or tea which means it came via sea. Up there with the Mongols spreading dumplings.

Just because they invented it doesn't mean they're good at it. Look at England and all the sports they suck at :P

*edit you sure about the name thing? Chai in portugal but I'm pretty sure it came by sea.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

The poll question doesn't match the thread title. I normally have tea with milk and the morning and a glass of water. At someone's house I'd normally just ask for water as simple and everyone has it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

So we get a million iterations of tea but no water/beer/wine options? :bowler:

That said, black coffee for me. Beer when I'm at a friend's.

Sheilbh

Quote from: HVC on December 23, 2022, 08:42:30 AMJust because they invented it doesn't mean they're good at it. Look at England and all the sports they suck at :P
Chai is delicious too! :o

Quote*edit you sure about the name thing? Chai in portugal but I'm pretty sure it came by sea.
I think I was a bit simplistic :blush:

This is the map I meant and I think it's basically "cha" = probably overland and from the Mandarin; "te" = probably by sea and from the Fujianese dialect.

The Portuguese get it first from India (spread by land) and the Dutch get it first from Sri Lanka, South-East Asia and Fujian where it's a variation on te. The Dutch then spread it to the rest of Europe:
Let's bomb Russia!